My Truck. How bout yours? - Page 36 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Truck. How bout yours?

Old 08-06-2018, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks. The truck tows much better than I thought it would. Granted the V6 makes 310 HP, which is decent, but I think the 8 speed transmission is the main reason it tows so well. I remember the days when gas engine trucks were constantly searching for the right gear, shifting between too low of a gear and too many RPM, and too tall of a gear and bogging the motor. This engine/transmission always seems to have the right ratio, and doesn't feel like it is working very hard. I know I am not towing much weight, but it definitely does better than I expected. It is working very well.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Having an aluminum trailer is a big factor too. The fact that your setup is not as wide really makes it track well within the air pocket the truck makes through the air. I have a double wide aluminum snowmobile trailer that I tow with. I can Barely get three machines on it, and it is over 8 ft wide, so it sticks out on both sides of my Ram. The diesel doesn't know it is there. Also when I pull my raptor Toyhauler, That is the first trailer I have ever pulled that the truck really feels the weight.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:05 PM
Moto Psycho

The 4.8 liter V8 in my Silverado only puts outs 270 HP but that's enough for me. The only time I remember it shifting up and down searching for the right gear was when I was pulling my trailer at 85 MPH. I put it in tow/haul mode and it still did it. So I slowed down to 80 MPH and it quit. I shouldn't have been doing 85 anyway.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:17 PM
Frank Flintstone

My truck just hit 77,000 miles today. The odometer says 077007 right now. It doesn't show tenths of a mile but the trip odometer does. I couldn't hit the button right when it changed but it's not far from 0.7. At the rate I'm going, my truck will be 30 years old and have half of the body rusted away by the time I have 100,000 miles on it. The paint on top of the cab and fiberglass cap is turning white from the sun beating down on it for one month shy of 18 years.