Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Newbie question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003 | 12:20 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Newbie question

Ok im more than likely going to be in the market for a new ATV.
I want to have a utlility ATV that will still go fast and do good in mud.
The big bear looks like a good option but im hearing its slow in the top end. My friend has an older model one and its slow so i figured this was true.
So what other options do I have for a utility atv that will really still haul some ***. But I dont want an automatic i want to be able to switch gears.Cant see putting my atv in drive lol.

Old 07-20-2003 | 01:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Newbie question

Take a look at the Bombardier Outlander 400 4x4... It will haul butt and do well in mud.. The only thing is you said you wanted a manual, the outlander is auto....

Old 07-20-2003 | 02:02 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Newbie question

Yes I definately want a manual i cant handle having an auto. taking me out of control [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2003 | 03:46 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Newbie question

whats there top speed
suzuki vinson looks like a good option?

Old 07-22-2003 | 03:02 PM
Range Rover
Default Newbie question

I traded my 2001 Big Bear in on a 2003 Vinson. The big bear was a solid quad but I am more than impressed with the Vinson. THe Big Bear is geared super low which is awsome but the Vinson has the selectability from a stump pulling Low range to a well ratioed high range. The digital guages(which are sweet) said I was going 66mph down a paved backroad. Which is very fast for a 4x4. I'm there are others who p*#$y automatic quads. I haven't road with a machine that could outmud it. And it plows snow great.

Old 07-22-2003 | 06:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Newbie question

If your looking for an atv that is pretty rock solid then try the Vinson. My step father has one and it beats my stock kodiak hands down. The drive quality is very good and the seating position is perfect ( at least for my frame).

Good luck

Old 07-22-2003 | 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Newbie question

get you an 04 Grizzly... they are fast and will go anywhere.

Try one out, I didn't think I would like the CVT either, but I LOVE It now

Old 07-23-2003 | 03:05 AM
Range Rover
Default Newbie question

There allright till your tranny belt starts slippin(If you mud or go through water) due to moisture entering the crankcase breather(Ive seen it happen) along with vaporlock causing my buddies Grizz to stall while doing a hillclimb(he ended up with a dislocated shoulder and we put about 2 days into repairing the Grizzalong with his dishing out 800 smackers for plastics headlight, etc. But they are badass quads, man they got power and look cool.

Old 07-23-2003 | 12:39 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Newbie question

Im leaning towards a vinson
Because im moving to place thats going to need bush hogged and im gonna use it a little on the farm but mainly to mud with and since 4 wheeler are tax deductacble (i think [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) lol.
Has anyone else bought a 4 wheeler for farm use and did that? How much do you actually end up saving if you buy it for farm use.

Old 07-23-2003 | 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Newbie question

You 're missing out on other fine machines. That is the Polaris Sportsman 500/600/700. It will out mud any of the machines listed. Has more clearance, more towing capacity, better stock tires, better ride with IRS, if you look at the 600, it also has more power. If nothing else, the ride is far superior than the ride on any of the straight axles. If you can possibly take a ride on one, you should.

We've got three of them with over 8000 miles on them in the last 15 months. Other than a busted ball joint, and a couple of cv boots. We've been very pleased, I highly recommend one.

Quick Reply: Newbie question