Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Goodyear Mudrunner radials....

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 08:41 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodyear Mudrunner radials....

Ok... so which is the best trail/mud/snow tire? ATR's, Mudrunners, or Bighorn raidals?

Old 12-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Vengence
Ok... so which is the best trail/mud/snow tire? ATR's, Mudrunners, or Bighorn raidals?
No simple answer to that question. What percentage do you ride in each of those terrains? The Mudrunners are the most aggressive tread of those, so they would perform better in mud. They have a longer center cleat which make them pretty smooth on hardpack. The ATR's and Bighorns being radials and having the closer tread pattern would perform better on the trail and in snow. It all comes down to what terrain you ride the most.

Old 12-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Range Rover

Well.. since I've just bought my first ATV.. (P700), I'm not sure which I will do most.. most likely not snow, even though I have a plow for it, the majority will be the trails, but add in some mud, some snow, some rocks, some trees...lol I just want a good all around tire. I also like to sport ride, and slide the tail around corners.. with the DUN-CRAP tires, it's easy. But not sure how the other tires will effect the "sporty" riding??

Any input?

Old 12-04-2003, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

I have a P700 with 26" mudlites, they are a very good tire for trails, snow or mud. They are much better than the stockers. I also have a P650 with ITP ATR'S which really make the 650 handle the terrain. But I hate them the rears have so many plugs in the side walls they look like a porkypine. Dirt Wheels did a test with ATR's on a P650 and had three flats on the rears during a one day test session. Bottom line I like the 26" mudlites much better.

Old 12-04-2003, 08:05 AM
Range Rover

Hey JDE, How do the Mudlites affect the sport riding of the P700? I've heard that the side bite is kind of weak on the mudlites, and also the bite in reverse is not very good either? Have you noticed any negative effects on your sport riding or off-angle hill riding?

Thanks for the info!!

Old 12-04-2003, 10:53 AM
Trailblazer

Vengence

I really like them for everything, they seem to have all the bite I need on the trails I ride. The steering is real light because the tread contact is not as flat as the ATR'S. I was in about 14 inches of snow this weekend, breaking trail for my son's P650 with stockers.
All in all very impressed with the mudlites, their also a very aggressive looking tire. I did notice a small amount of power decrease because of the 26" height.

Old 12-04-2003, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

I have 2 SP 700's.

1 has all Rawhides.

1 had Rawhides in back...and Mud Runners in the front. That one now has ITP 589's.

The Rawhides work really well. But the Mud Runner's are better. They have a bit longer lug. I have the Run Flat Mud Runners. I primarily Rock Crawl, and they didn't work that well. Not the tread...but the sidewall....too stiff and not enough flex around the rocks. I LOVED the fact I didn't have to worry about a flat tire....For trail...snow, etc...the Run Flats work fine. Big rocks...not so well.

Seriously, you won't go wrong with either the ITP's or the Mud Runners. Both will be a major improvement over the Duncraps. That was really dumb on Polaris's part...as the Rawhide Grips, were good tires to use until they wore out.

Not sure what I'm going to do with my Mud Runners. They only have about 25 miles on them.