Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Looking for good reveiws of Utility ATVs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for good reveiws of Utility ATVs.

I don't put much stock in the magazine articles because I didn't know that my Grizzly 660 was junk until they told me. It kind of pis*ed me off and I just fixed everything that they complained about. The original tires are junk, but easily fixed with Itps and dirt devils. Right now I can slide it sideways and it is super agile and stabile. It is powerful and it loves off cambers and climbs hills like nothing I have seen. It is the first quad that I have ever owned and I learned too ride aggressively on it. I really use alot of body english when I ride it, but that is the way that I learned in the first place. If the dirt wheels people had learned to ride the same way I did, then they might not mind a little body roll and their opinions might have been a little more favorable. I just think that they aren't used to the IRS machines and that is why they are down on the Brute Force and the Grizzly.

Old 08-17-2004, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

I was idly thumbing through some ATV magazine at a rack the other day, and found a comparison between the Traxter 650 and Arctic Cat 650. Wish I could remember the name of the magazine so I could avoid it in the future... anyway, they concluded this comparison by saying that the Cat with its IRS was best suited to flat ground and mud, while the live axle Traxter was better for rugged terrain. Charter members of the Differential Draggers club, no doubt. To top it off, they were pretty much ******* out both of these utility machines because they wouldn't jump or slide very well... sure topped my list of things to buy a utility quad for.

A lot of ATV publications are written for kids with juiced up Banshees or 250R's. Not that those are bad machines, but when the mags start testing utility quads, the results get a bit silly.

Old 08-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

Have you found the utility only magazines? do a search on the web-I can't remeber the names of them sorry.

Old 08-17-2004, 02:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

sp600towtruck,

VERY Patriotic huh?
So you suggest just to buy from America just cause it's American and not over quality?

Now I really think this forun is getting off hand (like others mentioned), especially since I am the one that started it.
But if you want to talk American get the facts straight, do you think FORD or CHEVY is American, not without a little help of others..........
Fact is, I want a quality ATV and am not biased one way or the other who makes it, just as long as I get good service and all the durability I require from it, I will be happy.

Old 08-17-2004, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mdewitt71
sp600towtruck,

But if you want to talk American get the facts straight, do you think FORD or CHEVY is American, not without a little help of others..........
Ford and Chevy are American Companies, started here in the early 1900's. When I buy my Chevy and Polaris, the money goes to American companies, not a foreign ones. I buy American as much as I can, even at the grocery store. THAT is being truly patriotic. But you buy what you want, your mind is made up anyway.

Old 08-17-2004, 02:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes they did start ALL American, but not anymore, they get lots of labor and parts from overseas. Know it for a fact, cause I use to work at a Ford plant and I have an Uncle thats Chief of Labs in a Chevy plant going on 25 years now. FORD bought over 250,000 acres of damaged land after we dropped the bomb on Japan way back when for next to nothing. For what reason then, dont really know, but now the same land is being used to manufacture and ship parts out to the main Auto centers for assemble to the vehicles. Also in order for Ford to own Mazda they had to have real estate in Japan, which might of been the reason for the land purchase, now some Mazda vehicles can be found assembled in Mexico after being shipped in package kits aboard large ships from Japan.
Dont get me wrong, I buy Chevy myself. But fact is most parts are imported, made by, or assembled by other means than most people think.

But that is off the topic, so about Polaris, what type of warranty and service do they provide for their ATVs?
What is the running price of a Polaris versus a Import?

Old 08-17-2004, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

Calling all cars! Calling all cars! Polaris owners are S.O.S

Old 08-17-2004, 02:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

S.O.S?

Please explain, I would like more info from experienced owners rather than just "your's suck", "mine is better" comments.
Give me some real info and experiences to relate why I should buy one or the other.
Remember I cant ride or see one for at least another 6 months and would like to hear from real owners and not just sales reps.

Old 08-17-2004, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: 4wheelerfred
all i was saying is that polaris has there plant here and we have jobs there idc who or were if it's taking jobs away from the us i dont give a **** if they break evry 5 min![/ q]

lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

S.O.S. means stuck on stupid, it is a term that usually is used to refer to people who won't listen to what you have to say. You know, narrow minded, the kind that fly the confederate flag proudly and show off there high level of ignorance. I earlier in this thread got off topic and then said so and tried to get back to the no mudslinging style that is much more friendly. As for a true review, I think, we all tend to favor our brand of choice. Lucky for me I had an oppertunity to ride a large variety of bikes before purchasing mine ,however your current situation doesn't allow time for test rides.
Go to all the web sites and check out the specs Plus I posted a website earlier that gives pretty close to a non bias opinion.

As for those that claim that they are a REAL AMERICAN, have them march a mile or two in your shoes.
THANK-YOU AND ALL OF THE OTHERS THAT PUT THERE LIVES ON THE LINE AND GOD BLESS YOU!

Quick Reply: Looking for good reveiws of Utility ATVs.