Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Camo wheels for utility Quads

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 09:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camo wheels for utility Quads

DOes anyone know who the company out there making camo steel wheels? I have seen some but cannot find out who is making them.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you just make your own? Get the appliance epoxy paint from the hardware store. It coms in different colors suck as black and green.

Old 11-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

Engine paint works better. Paint it up, and cure them in your oven @ about 250 degrees. Hard, tough, and long lasting.

(I have an old oven in the garage for various things. Doing this in the kitchen oven may get you a rolling pin upside the head.)

Old 11-03-2004, 04:40 AM
Pro Rider

I would think that with a oven big enough to fit your wheel in it would be possible to do a decent home powder coating job. Is it possible to do a decent powder coat job in a home shop? I know they make some home kits but haven't seen the results of any of them.

I am in the process of choosing a new ATV (probably a BF) in a more subdued color of dark green or camo and I have been looking for something other than bright and shiny wheels. I know I've seen camo ATV wheels before but they were steel. I would like a lightweight aluminum wheel but it looks like I would have to resort to a few cans of flat black or OD spray paint if I want a low vis aluminum wheel.

Old 11-03-2004, 06:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have found a listing for camo wheels on truckaddons.com but they do not show a picture. Also there is some listed on golf cart parts web sites.

Old 11-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think ITP makes a black aluminum wheel? Not sure on the finish weather it is gloss or flat? Take a look at my pictures. Those wheels were painted with two cans of black appliance epoxy paint from ACE Hardware.

Old 11-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't worry about camo wheels, they arn't going to make your quad any harder to find than plain black wheels. Unless your just wanting cool looking wheels for your friends to talk about then just get the black wheels. It won't take long to get them all spashed with mud and gunk then you wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyways.

I looked at the camo wheels Polaris has on their mossy oak quads and I kinda thought it was overkill, kinda looked "gaudy"

I was auctually thinking about getting some of those ITP C series alum wheels and painting them black [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2004, 05:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes I have seen the ITP C series already powder coated black and they look nice. There is a company on the web with the best price on them with about any tires mounted and free shipping I think it is Trax motorsports. I alos like the black ITP Delta X wheels with the simulated beadlock. DIrty dog mx web site also has decent prices. All I know is I am now on my second Brute Force and the rims and tires on my first one did not hold up. 300 miles of riding and I had three rims with the edge bent pretty bad and one tire with three plugs. I had an unfortunate accident on my first one which I am still recovering from. I had full coverage so I just added a little with the Insurance and got a camo one this time. It seems like it will not show scratches near as easy. Maxxis Bighorn Radials are defintely going on this one right away with stronger wheels.

Old 11-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

My wife has black c-series rims on her vinson, they look great.

Old 11-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

I saw the pictures of those camo wheels and my first thought was that i had to have them on the Griz. That lasted about 2 seconds and I realized that it would only be cool if it were clean and sitting in the drive way. I like the black aluminum wheels that came with the griz, I just wish it had an off-set that would give it a little extra width.