Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Sportsman 800 vs Brute Force 750 vs King Quad 700

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 800 vs Brute Force 750 vs King Quad 700

Originally posted by: Outrage
BornDirty,

Remember this; when you're on the trail having fun the name on the side of your machine makes no difference. Good luck with your new machine.

Couldn't be a truer statement!

Old 11-24-2004, 12:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The polaris dispite it being heavier, gets up and goes just as fast or faster then the brute force, reason being, the engine design of the 800 Liberty creates something like 30% more bottom and mid range torque then the V-twin motors but less horse power then it. And we all know that more torque the better. and also the dual exaust, isnt just for show, it really does give free flow, even though the engine not having headers, the Y-pipe that the pipes connect at is soemthing like a half an inch from the motor, so there isn't any flow restrictions.

Dispite DirtWheels being partially owned by Kawasaki, they gave the 800 excellent ratings, along with other magazines like ATV Action. It seems like everyone really likes the 800 and cant wait to pair it up with the 2 other quads. They also raved about the EFI on the sportsman and how there was no throttle drag at all and crisp power. I personally love my 800, the only thing i dont like about it is that the head on the engine is only 2 valves per cylinder and its a push rod design, but seems like the magazines all love them too, along with myself. And, if you cant do without the V-twin rumble, you may want to reconsider with the polaris having dual mufflers, pretty throaty if you ask me.

I really want to try out the King Quad and see how that big a$$ piston preforms opposed to the Vtwins, i bet theres substantualy less torque compaired to the brute and the 800 though...

Old 11-24-2004, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well personally i have the KQ and love it. One member in our club has the 800 P and has really enjoyed it. (Only 3 weeks) He has had some small little issues with the P 800 with the exhaust not set right and it sounded bad. Took it back and they put on new exhaust and is gone away now.. The P800 is nice but is heavy and is not as fast as the others. (Obviously) My KQ is stock and will easily pull away. I have tested the Kawa BF and it seems nice but the styleing is not me. THe ride seems nice and I enjoyed riding it that day. But much more a sportier feel like a quad to ride than the other two. THe KQ seems very standard riding style. Slides well, tracks good and plenty of power. I think the P800 is the least of handling and power.

Also things to think about that no body talks about. Adjustable 4way preload shocks, gas compartment size, EFI vs carb, Aftermarket add ons. etc. All this is a big thing to me. Polarsis seems to do its own after markets and the others rely on other companies more. But I know that there is alreaady alot of aftermarket stuff out there for the KQ and Lawa BF. Like Power Commander, Exhaust (HMF) tires and rims.. Well just some things to think about. I think all 3 are great. Maybe pick the one you like most and get the other later once more info and you can make your opionion!!

Wilson

Old 11-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

Read.................gulp.......................Di rt Wheels-the one that just came out. Pol/Kaw/Suz shoot-out. Nuf said-until ATVR's shoot out comes out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Range Rover

my dealer just got the sp800 and for the honest opinion this quad has alot of power, i seen a guy buy one today and he test drove it and about flipped it cuz it went into a wheelie. All the 05's have so much good features and the weight isnt that much of a problem. Put those tires and rims on another quad and they would come pretty close to the weight of polaris, just my .02 cents.

Old 11-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

OOOPS! It's the Pol 700efi. My bad. Guess we'll have to wait!

Old 11-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah, I bet its because they couldent get ahold of a 800 EFI, polaris is having some problems right now producing the 800's theres such a demand for them and they cant make them fast enough, I had to wait an extra month before mine got to my dealership, well worth the wait though. supposedly Pure Polaris has alot of things instore for the 800 that will be out by christmas, like a new free flow exaust set and I heard a rumor about a piston set to push the 800 to 800 Full CC's rather the 760CC's that it has.

and about the rims that are on the 800, the 800 rims are forged aluminum, rather then the fordged steel like on the 700, so I dont know about all the weight adding up to get to the polaris's weight. But the polaris's are built to indestructable standards, everything they use on them is atleast twice the size then the competition, so your sacraficing power for strength, in my opinion, you got one hell of a motor on it, and unbeatable product strength. Another reason to prove my point about the 800's strength, Polaris claims the max tow weight for the 800 is 1500 LBS! thats 500 more pounds then the compition. So, say what you want about the 800, but with all these qualitys about it, all the onboard storage and everything, I belive it reaches the top of the pack before the others. It might not be as fast, but its got alot going for it.

Old 11-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

not to cause a rift here, but, "indestructible standards"? Come on. We've all heard horror stories about Polaris' reliability. Is the 800 THAT much more reliable?

Old 11-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 4xZuk
not to cause a rift here, but, "indestructible standards"? Come on. We've all heard horror stories about Polaris' reliability. Is the 800 THAT much more reliable?
Yeh! how many years ago was that. Polaris is just as reliable as the rest. People just can't get over it.

Old 11-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

its not polaris standards that were bad, it was the dealers, the bikes come in parts, they have to build them, i know thats partial on polaris's part, but still thats all in the past. everyone has problems once in a while, polaris quality jumped up to one of the best in the very late 90's but when they released there twin Liberty engines it all went to hell again, because it was their first attempt at doing the engine. You cant say that kawasaki hasnt ever had problems, but right now its facing them with the tires on the brute force. one thing has ever broken on my 500 H.O. and its almost 5 years old, and it has about 2500 miles on it

Quick Reply: Sportsman 800 vs Brute Force 750 vs King Quad 700