Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Sportsman 800 vs Brute Force 750 vs King Quad 700

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 800 vs Brute Force 750 vs King Quad 700

How fast can u get ur sp800 up to?!

----------------
04 Honda rubicon
03 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4x4
01 Yamaha Wolverine. FMF megamax. Warn 1500, K&N filters, Full running boards, hand guards and more.

Old 11-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

well the spedometer goes up to 70, so it probebly does a little more in the perfect conditions, im going to say 75 80, i dont have a long enough straight away to get it up to its max speed... saddly up near the 50s were i have gotten mine, the suspention gets tippsy, one wrong move and that things on its back

Old 11-25-2004, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Spyder6,

I'm in the military so I can tell you all about why we went with the Polaris for our quad. When notified all the companies about the idea of making a quad for us not all companies wanted to. Out of the ones that did we sent them what we wanted and ask them all to give us a bid on how much it would cost us. After the bids came in our contracting office looked at each and took the lowest bid. The individauls who made the final decision no nothing about ATVs. This is how it works for anything we contract out. Most brands of ATV are created qual when it comes to new ATVs and realiability issues. All have their glitches but nothing to major.

Live I've said before Polaris is a nice machine just not for me.

Off subject...I noticed you are from KY. I lived there for 19 years (Greenup Co.). I've never rode around Louisville so how's the trails around there? I still have a brother that lives there and rides a Raptor. He's always looking for new places to ride, would you have any suggestions? I can't wait to get him up here in Alaska for a great Alaskan ATV excursion. I've had a few friends come up to ride and even though they are amazed with the trials and awesome riding they hate me when they have to leave because they know when they get back home their ATV riding will never be the same.

Old 11-25-2004, 07:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i ride around on the 5 acres that my dad owns as im only 16, and its nice there, i used my 500 mainly for riding some local trails that are easly acceseble from my location by road (dont worry im not doing anything illegal to ruin the sport for others), but i really dont like public trails that much, there prebuilt and not enough adventure for me. I go down to southern kentucky with my dad once a month to our 180 acres and there alot of mountain trails and vally trails there, and theres a nice creak that isnt too deep to go through. but yeah, im originally from detroit michigan, so... thats mainly why i own a 800 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Ive only been to alaska once, that that was when I was 10, we went in July, I do remember the snow ontop of the mountain peaks and all the glaciers. i thought it was so neat how the water was a baby blue from all the ice. we stayed mostly around Ancorage and went a little more south to some islands, but that was it. i really love snow myself, we had the first snow day before yesterday, it wasnt much, didnt really even cover the ground that much, but its hovering around 37 degrees durring the day, so its some great proving grounds for my EFI. I would really like to go back up to alaska durring the winter, I wanna see what it looks like durring the day, i hear its kind of like a dusk or a sun rise.

Old 11-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Range Rover

I've owned four Polarises over the years (Scrammy 400, 2 SP 500, and the ATP) and in all honesty, none of those quads were very reliable. Even the 04 ATP had a belt issue, with only 600 kms. All The talk of things built heavier do not always apply to ATVs. Sure, the Polaris is built heavier, and in all honesty is looks like it could take more punishment. But it seems that the overall engineering is not there to back up the claims. Little things will go, for me it was tie-rod end slap, a faulty stator wire took out my enigine, clutch issues, hubs, the list went on and on. I guess why I've kept buying is because of their innovation and their well-engineered RIDE (not mechanical reliability). They feel a lot lighter than they are, and I'd actually pick one of them over another brand for nimble handling. Compared to other quads I've bought, They are not nearly as bullet-proof. I've had 3 Yamies over the years, and not a single problem with any of them (except boots on the Grizz). Thats an excellent track record. Can't say the same for the Kawi though, many probs with that thing. I'd imagine the Suzook will be a reliable quad, its got an extensive engineering list. However, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the SP 800, because of its massive weight and power. Will the quad stand up with those high stress levels? The BF is proving to be another trouble quad for Kawi, so I don't thinkI'm up for that one either. Suzuki might be the way to go...

Old 11-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

its all reletive, everything. a friend of mine had a grizzly 660, nothing but problems(belt, clutch, constant drowning under normal conditions, not to mention the steam sputter, and 3 broken axels with stock tires inless than 300 miles) and between my brothers kawi 650, my brute 750, and honda rubicon it has totaled one bad carb needle, one frozen brake pedal, and a blown fuse between all of these. another friend of mine had a polaris sp 500 and no probs. so everything is reletive you see. for every good bike theres a bad one. some are good and reliable and some are not. and it has nothing to with the brand name.

Old 11-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nicely said! you get silver star for the day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

For me it came down to the AC 650 and the SP 700 or 800. I decided on the 800 and it is on order, delivery is supposed to be 09/12/04, can't wait. I didn't like the AC because it felt like the front wheels were too far under the bike and seemed unstable. I just sold my 02 Kodiak 400, which I never had a problem with. Like nearly everything about the 800. Two reservations though, new engine and the radiator being totally exposed. Will use it many for plowing snow.
Anyone have any problems with damaged radiators?

Old 11-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the radiator is behind a guard, so nothing should get back there, its about 5 inches from the guard too, and the engine isnt exposed at all, thats how all the 4 wheelers are, its because its just such a big damn engine that it looks like its sticking out, the machine comes from the factory with skidplates installed so theres nothing to worry about, you should also be getting a 2 year warrenty since your buying it before the years out, I love mine

Old 11-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks spyder6, I thought the guard was the rad.
I was only offered a 6 month warranty???
Are you sure the 2 yr. warranty applies to the Canadian market as well?
Thanks for info.

Quick Reply: Sportsman 800 vs Brute Force 750 vs King Quad 700