Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Sportsman 800 vs Brute Force 750 vs King Quad 700

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 07:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 800 vs Brute Force 750 vs King Quad 700

Also, do you seriously think there are reliablilty problems if polaris was contracted by the US Military to build the MV? There was one occasion were a soldier was patroling the desert, hit a land mine, yes... a land mine, the MV didn't fair well, but the soldier survived with all limbs intact. What can you say to that? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Here we go..............go to any message board. Go to any ride spot. Bring up Polaris. What is the response. Maybe it IS from yester-year, but it is still in people's heads: Not reliable. I've ridden w/ Pol-cats, and have seen none of this. But, the overwhelming opinion(s)- is just like the proverbial a$$hole-everone has one-is Polaris has reliability issues. Don't kill the messenger...............!

Old 11-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Its because no one likes to change the ways they like and most people are ignorant. Polaris has changed, here and there there might be a few problems but there overall really good tough quads, I love the two that ive owned, and I'm not the most aggressive rider you've ever seen, I dont own a sport quad and dont plan on owning one. I will do the occasional wheelies and jumps with quads, but you get my idea. And I think its pretty impressive to say the Polaris 800 lifting its front up in high gear with all that weight. so theres something to be said for it.

Old 11-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Okay before this gets any further I just want to say that the majority of people I ride with have a Polaris. Even though I'm not a fan these machines they are pretty good but I have to say that they are no better than any of the others that ride with. Before I would ever buy a Polaris they would have to change three things; Shifter, Weight, and Price. As for those of you who say weight doesn't matter let me tell you about last weekends ride.

I live in Alaska and we ride some pretty extreme trails and last weekend was no different other than there was over two feet of snow. If you have ever rode in the stuff you know that tires make more of a difference than than power but there's another BIG thing that can make or break you, "WEIGHT"! There were eight of us some with the big 700 Polaris and three with little 300 and 350 machines (Kawi & Yamaha). We all got stuck one time or another but the big 700 Polaris had far more problems than the rest of us because the weight of his machine would cause him to sink to the bottom of the fresh snow. I can tell you one thing that it's not that easy to rock a big thing like that back and forth.

Let's not forget that power is not everything. Unless you are towing a huge load, plowing, or running some crazy big tires most don't need these big 700cc+ machines. I ride a 500cc class machine and there hasn't been one place I couldn't go that the larger machines could. In fact I'll be in the market for another machine this summer and was going to get the KQ and hand down the Vinson to the wife but I'm thinking I'll save some money and get a 400cc machine for her and keep my trusty Vinny.

Old 11-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Spyder, I'm w/ ya. If Polararis can overcome the predjudice, they'll become a player. I'd rather see Am. Made doing us proud. But until then........Like my ol' buddy Outrage said, "It doesn't matter what sticker is on the side of your quad"...er something like this-"if you're having fun...." I'll insert my part here..."who the f--K cares!?"

Old 11-24-2004, 09:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

q]Originally posted by: Outrage
Okay before this gets any further I just want to say that the majority of people I ride with have a Polaris. Even though I'm not a fan these machines they are pretty good but I have to say that they are no better than any of the others that ride with. Before I would ever buy a Polaris they would have to change three things; Shifter, Weight, and Price. As for those of you who say weight doesn't matter let me tell you about last weekends ride.

I live in Alaska and we ride some pretty extreme trails and last weekend was no different other than there was over two feet of snow. If you have ever rode in the stuff you know that tires make more of a difference than than power but there's another BIG thing that can make or break you, "WEIGHT"! There were eight of us some with the big 700 Polaris and three with little 300 and 350 machines (Kawi & Yamaha). We all got stuck one time or another but the big 700 Polaris had far more problems than the rest of us because the weight of his machine would cause him to sink to the bottom of the fresh snow. I can tell you one thing that it's not that easy to rock a big thing like that back and forth.

Let's not forget that power is not everything. Unless you are towing a huge load, plowing, or running some crazy big tires most don't need these big 700cc+ machines. I ride a 500cc class machine and there hasn't been one place I couldn't go that the larger machines could. In fact I'll be in the market for another machine this summer and was going to get the KQ and hand down the Vinson to the wife but I'm thinking I'll save some money and get a 400cc machine for her and keep my trusty Vinny.[/quote]

if you have alot of problems getting stuck in the snow, go buy a litefoot track conversion from mattracks, there fecking expensive, but if your looking for traction and extreme snow performance, thats what you need, i belive there about 4500 for a full set for all 4 tires, takes 15 mintues to put them on, just take the tires off and put the tracks on, simple

Old 11-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

HEY SPYDER!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your's! I hope you go riding sometime this weekend-I am. If the riding is good enough, you know what? Neither one of us is going to care about what our "colors" are. We're both going to be enjoying ourselves(as we would if we were riding together). I'll be thinking of ya while I'm out there...............leave it that! OH, and Outrage-You KNOW I'm extending good-will towards you, my Vinny brother! Keep 'er safe-your wife AND your Vinson!

Later to all,
Brad

Old 11-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks man, same to you, take a Jarry can with you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

The same back at you. Can't you just feel the love. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2004, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer

I picked mine up today and the power is more than anything I have ever ridden it is down right scary

Quick Reply: Sportsman 800 vs Brute Force 750 vs King Quad 700