Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

heated handlebar grips and thumb warmer

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heated handlebar grips and thumb warmer

was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what brand and if they work well? What do you think? I ride alot in the winter and figured they would be better than nothing!

Old 11-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

Hi I have heard kimpex brand is good...But after buying two thumb warmers from them recently I can tell you that the instructions are Very poor . If you feel you can install the thumb hand warmers without any instructions then you could try the kimpex brand. I would try the spx soft grip hand warmers and maybe a kimpex thumb warmer ...as long as you have some way to figure out the installation process.

Old 11-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

does either brand have hi and low setting for the heat? I am pretty sure that I could install with out to much problem I hope!!!!!

Old 11-21-2004, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

Hi . Yes most of the products out there have a high and low setting. They really do make a big difference on the cold days.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

How do they hook up and how does the thumb warmer attach to the throttle? Im thinking if I get these and hand-guards I should be comfortable with just normal riding gloves for winter.

Old 11-23-2004, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

I just put on the Polaris hand warmers on ... they have high and low ... work great and go under your existing hand grips.

Old 11-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

ElectricShift,

Seeing that you live in GA you will have no problem with you're set up. However, if you lived here in Alaska you need all the heat you can get. Just for the record I don't have heated anything yet but am in the market myself. Just last week we did a ride and the tempature got down to 8 degrees. Needless to say my hands were... well you know. I'd hate to see how it is when it get really cold.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hey you know what I saw on ebay they have the heated ones that go inside your actual handle-bar and heat the whole bar and they have 4 settings.

Old 11-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

hey man i got some HOT GRIPS brand lol , i love them , work great for me

Old 11-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ElectricShift
How do they hook up and how does the thumb warmer attach to the throttle? Im thinking if I get these and hand-guards I should be comfortable with just normal riding gloves for winter.
Thumb warmer attaches to your throttle w/ a peel off sticky backing. Then you put shrink tubing over it. When you heat the shrink tubing it sucks right down around the warmer and your throttle. Wiring runs to a switch w/ hi/low setting. Wiring from the switch runs to a ground, and the positive splices into a hot source. I used headlights, as the fuse was sufficient. You also want it wired to something that requires key to be turned on. This way, you don't walk away from your quad and forget that the warmer is still on and killing your battery. Grip warmers wire the same way. I have Kimpex brand grip warmers that allow the use of any grip that you want, and Moose brand thumb warmer. They both work very well.

Quick Reply: heated handlebar grips and thumb warmer