Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Grizzly, or King Quad or ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly, or King Quad or ????

I didn't take the time to read all the posts but here's my 2 cents:

First off let me just say I live in Alaska and ride some harsh terrain. I ride with lots of different folk who ride all different sizes and brands of quads. All in all most new quads you buy today are very good and you will more than likely be happy with whatever you decide to go with. Since you are looking at big bores here’s a list of quads I ride with:

King Quad 700 EFI
Brute Force 750
Sportsman 700
Grizzly 660
Prairie 650
H1 650

We are all pretty good riders and can take these quads anywhere we dare so it’s hard to say which one is really better. It really depends on your preference and riding style. All these quads have power so there shouldn’t be any worries there. Instead of going over all these quads I’ll just give you my opinion on the two that you are looking at (KQ & Grizz).

First off if you get a KQ you will get it with both the ECM & Reverse issue fixed so no worries there. I’m sure you know all the specs of both machines so I skip all that…besides who cares; it’s how they handle on the trail that we all want to know about. The Grizzly is an awesome machine and I can’t say enough good things about it but IMO the KQ edges it out in just about every category. More power & better handling for starters. The KQ is faster and a bit more maneuverable too. As for mud pits they both are great but the KQ seems to struggle a little bit less than the powerful Grizzly.

The best thing you can do is ride them both and go with your gut. Neither machine will let you down so buy one already and get to riding.

RAGE