Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

ATV Television reviews big bore 4x4's **Polaris owners beware**

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 04:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Television reviews big bore 4x4's **Polaris owners beware**

Of course people have to b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t about dumb stuff.lol

Old 05-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LEGEND214
Of course people have to b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t about dumb stuff.lol
AND SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO GET IN THERE 5TH POST!

well greate for you, you have acomplished your goal and won your own mentale satisfaction!

Old 05-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: bigwannabe
The more you pay the better your product does. Simple as that. Don't think all the songs you hear on the radio are being played just because they are good! Same concept.

sure it is

Old 05-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Range Rover

ATV TV hates anything that says Polaris on it, so thats not a surprise. They can bash the Polaris AWD system all they want but guess what, it works!
I swear, if you took a Polaris Sportsman and replaced all the Polaris stickers with Honda ones, that show would say it was the best thing ever made.
Ive seen it a few times and they really have the blinders on when it comes to brand bias.
Cap'n

Old 10-29-2005, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BryceGTX
Hey Brute650. I have two Trailblazers and I have never seen the unsafe locking up of wheels you describe. LOL, if split braking was so great I am sure that the trick setup for fast cars would be to modify the braking for split brakes. Quite the contrary, all leading high performance drivers prefer non-anti lock brakes to anti-lock brakes. Which is simple single hand brakes by the foot: LOL. Fact is, one reason for non ABS braking is that locked wheels slow you faster on gravel type surfaces!!! If you could explain to me how split braking is safer, I am all ears.
BryceGTX
this is a little late in the thread but did you ever flip a car end for end when you locked up your brakes. LOL LOL these are atvs .... not buicks here!!! the way the utes are going they will be 1000 + lbs soon. bigger bigger jhc they will have cruise control and heaters next!! im getting a wolverine soon, if it has single lever braking I WILL CHANGE IT IMMEDIATELY !!! i am experienced enough to know which brakes to use and when. if a person does not understand how to ride,have an experience RIDER show them. dont over engineer these overweight 700 lb beasts so a complete idiot could not possibly hurt himself under any given circumstance. this is how people get hurt on atvs....they buy machines they have no buisness being on and take them into very dangerous environments ,and get hurt. thank the manufacturers for putting fools on so-called foolproof machines!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

BryceGTX & linked brakes sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G....

Dude, some people do not like linked brakes, accept it! I am one of those. Sure they are safer for someone who cannot walk and chew gum at the same time, but since I am slightly more capable than that I can handle split brakes just fine and prefer them reguardless of what your Jeep has.

Old 10-30-2005, 12:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

thanks for bringing a dead thread that no one wants back

Old 10-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

I have been a motorcycle rider for 30 years now....and have a new BMW with linked brakes. Even though they are ABS brakes I don't like the idea. I would still rather have control over which wheel I brake. I also would rather have complete comtrol over how my braking system works on a quad. I've only had a quad for a year now (a grizzly) but I would rather have a separate braking system on a quad also for obvious reasons.....many of which are mentioned in earlier postings.

If any manufacturers are watching this site....why don't we simply have an option to switch between one system or the other at the handlebar? C'mon....at the prices we are paying for these new machines its not a huge request. It would make a quad more "generic" in terms of being better on flat ground, downhill, etc etc than any of the competition. We all know that different terrain requires different braking systems. Talk about something that would be a sales factor....geez!!!!

Old 10-30-2005, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 86250rrider
Originally posted by: BryceGTX
Hey Brute650. I have two Trailblazers and I have never seen the unsafe locking up of wheels you describe. LOL, if split braking was so great I am sure that the trick setup for fast cars would be to modify the braking for split brakes. Quite the contrary, all leading high performance drivers prefer non-anti lock brakes to anti-lock brakes. Which is simple single hand brakes by the foot: LOL. Fact is, one reason for non ABS braking is that locked wheels slow you faster on gravel type surfaces!!! If you could explain to me how split braking is safer, I am all ears.
BryceGTX
this is a little late in the thread but did you ever flip a car end for end when you locked up your brakes. LOL LOL these are atvs .... not buicks here!!! the way the utes are going they will be 1000 + lbs soon. bigger bigger jhc they will have cruise control and heaters next!! im getting a wolverine soon, if it has single lever braking I WILL CHANGE IT IMMEDIATELY !!! i am experienced enough to know which brakes to use and when. if a person does not understand how to ride,have an experience RIDER show them. dont over engineer these overweight 700 lb beasts so a complete idiot could not possibly hurt himself under any given circumstance. this is how people get hurt on atvs....they buy machines they have no buisness being on and take them into very dangerous environments ,and get hurt. thank the manufacturers for putting fools on so-called foolproof machines!!!!!!
Ha.. Ha.. If you are fliping your quad endo.. It won't matter if you have spit brakes or linked.. In either case you don't know how to use the brakes. As I have said, split brakes are most important for manual clutch quads and bikes. For automatics.. it makes little difference. I haven't seen any manual clutch quads with linked brakes. But many automatics have them. For good reason.. They are safer. But it takes an experienced rider to under stand why. If someone does not know how to use linked brakes.. Have an experienced rider show him how to properly use them.
Bryce

Old 10-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CBF2
BryceGTX & linked brakes sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G....

Dude, some people do not like linked brakes, accept it! I am one of those. Sure they are safer for someone who cannot walk and chew gum at the same time, but since I am slightly more capable than that I can handle split brakes just fine and prefer them reguardless of what your Jeep has.
LOL, I can tell by this post that you are very capable. Teacher let you out of your first grade class early?

Quick Reply: ATV Television reviews big bore 4x4's **Polaris owners beware**