Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

King Quad

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad

In my search for a new Rubicon I have come across a good deal on a King Quad. I have read that there is some low end lag and not the greatest low end power. What could you King quad owners compare it to?? I am looking for a hunting quad so I need all the low end power I can get if I am dragging a moose out of a swamp. I had an Foreman 450M and it grunted a little but always got the job done, I can only assume the King quad would at least maych that power if not pulverize it??? Please help.

Thanks.

Old 10-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad

Trust me the King Quad's low end power is stronger than a Foreman 450. In low gear it has tons of torque to get your load moving, I've pulled very heavy stumps with the King and it does it twice as good as my old 425cc Polaris. As for the low end lag you've been hearing about, it isn't saying the King doesn't have any low-end power it's just not as hard hitting power as the rest of the powerband after 9mph this is becasue Suzuki detuned it for saftey reasons, and really the low end lag is primarily noticable in High gear when just pleasure ridding, gunning the throttle. So if you see a good deal on a KQ don't let this scare you away from it, it's got quite a bit of low end power and torque in low gear for actual utility uses.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default King Quad

the only thing that is bad about the suzuki is the steel racks, other then that, BUY IT

Old 10-18-2005, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad

If your choices are between the Rubicon and the King, get the King. It is the absolute best bang for your buck and arguable the best all around quad on the market.

Old 10-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad

Wow, a Brute Force owner that actually applauds the King[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad

RG, side note but an important one.........how about Eckstein, Edmonds, and of course the best MLB player currently playing the game.....AP!!! What a game...tomorrow night will be nerve racking but we can do it!

Old 10-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad

Actually I almost bought a King Quad. I did not like the transmission failure, the low end lag, the cheezy plastic floor boards or the smallish racks. I am not brand loyal and will buy anything based on MY needs and wants. I hope Suzuki addresses some of my pet peeves so I can own another Zuki soon. I really like what I've seen on the new 450 and will look at that one harder next spring.

Old 10-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default King Quad

Curls,

Transmission failure??? Sorry I have only owed manual transmissions as I believe simple = less problems when 10 miles from the nearest road. This will most likely be my first automatic. Can you elaborate on the Transmission issue please.

Thanks

Old 10-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad

Plastic floorboards surrounding metal footpegs are pretty much standard equipment for just about everyone BUT Kawasaki. Though you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I've never heard anyone complain about the King's floorboards before and have seen many a magazine label them the best in the business. Even Honda uses plastic floorboards and you know they're going to be tough. Not sure about your Grizz, though. The tranny failure, or aka the reverse issues are over with. I emphasize the period. The lag is a real issue for us riders who like to step up the speeds a little bit, but hopefully it will be more than taken care of by January. I'm not trying to persuade you as you've already chosen a machine and a hell of one at that, but I didn't want Alberta to get scared off. stocks, Eckstein is my boy and I knew he wouldn't just muff the last pitch, no matter the situation. I was not at all happy with Jimmy for JUMPING OUT OF THE WAY OF THE PITCH[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img], but he drew the walk none the less. He's pretty much a drama queen at the plate I'm ashamed to say, whirling around and hurling out of the way of pitches that are nowhere close to being in his general vicinity. Albert[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]What do you say about this man? Best hitter in the game right now, hands down. Some could have argued Derek Lee, but where was the consistency? He had one stellar season. Others could say Andruw Jones. Well, unless you want to try for a homer every AB, I don't think so because his average was not impressive at all. So who else? To be honest with you, Oswalt worries me more than Clemens, though neither is by any means at all an easy guy to hit. However, that win last night was absolutely the most dramatic it could have possibly been and now we bring it back to St. Louis. Away from the ridiculously short porch in left, the closed roof, that infernal buzzing sound every time someone comes up to bat whose last name starts with a "B" and most importantly......we come back to the sea of red and Busch is gonna be rockin' for the birds, be sure of that.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad

It's a stupid little thing, but if you step on the plastic floor board on the King it pulls down the front fender. They are also not flat, the floor boards have that little divot like your suppose to put your foot under a shift lever. It might just be a part used across a whole product line because my sister's manual Eiger has it also. I could have over looked all but the tranny, and now that has been addressed it will be a new ball game, but I really got tired of waiting for the perfect quad to come out. Really for a first model year Suzuki did a decent job. I really like my wife's Griz and the King Quads I've ridden are like what Yamaha should have come up with 2 years ago as an update but didn't. I will be upgrading in a year or two and we'll see what's out then, but for now the Brute is not perfect, but it is really fun. It's the first utility quad that I've had that can wheelie with a stab of the throttle. I end up riding this thing like a sport quad every time I get on it. I think Brutes are the supercharged Chevelles of yesteryear where as the Kings are more like late model corvettes.

Quick Reply: King Quad