Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Got a Moose Plow for X-mas (need modding suggestions)!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a Moose Plow for X-mas (need modding suggestions)!!

Hi I just installed a brand spankin new Moose snowplow my wife bought me for X-mas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Anyways I was wondering if anyone has modded this thing so they can angle the blade without having to climb off the quad, walk to the front, pull the pin and swivel the blade manually. I would like to pull a cord or something and simply angle the blade by pushing snow on one corner or the other.

Also I've already had my first mishap, I connected my winch hook directly to the lifting U bolt on the plow, the hook on my winch is a tad to large and crowded my swivel pin spring causing it to fall off. Now the plow free swivels every time the pin works itself free.

I'm gonna be working on this but if anyone has already done it that would give me a bit of a head start

Old 12-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Range Rover

cycle country makes a remote plow angle adjustment ****

http://www.cyclecountry.com/techsupp...er/10-0050.pdf

or go to cyclecountry.com > products > pushblades > accessories

Old 12-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jonnyyellow
cycle country makes a remote plow angle adjustment ****

http://www.cyclecountry.com/techsupp...er/10-0050.pdf

or go to cyclecountry.com > products > pushblades > accessories
Yep. I put one on mine. It works fairly well, but not perfectly. Overall, I'm happy with it. I also did this: Drill 2 holes on the top edge of the plow (1 hole on each end, about 12" in from each end), and attached nylon ropes. The other ends were attached to the rear of the front rack (1 on either side). NOTE: The ropes MUST have enough slack for both blade angle movement, AND for the "tipping" of the blade if it tips forward (from hitting an obstruction).

(Yea, I know, I'm lazy!!!)

Old 12-26-2005, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

cool that is just about what I was looking for, thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

(edit) I auctually found my spring! I went to the drive and found it buried in the snow a bit of luck that was.

I removed the hook that came with the warn winch and found an old clevis problem solved.

Old 01-05-2006, 04:34 AM
Pro Rider

Dirtydude,

The Moose is one hell of a plow. It has proven itself to me not only in its durability but also its ease of assembly and installation (compared to the Warn). I have smashed into many curbs, rocks and cracks/bumps hidden under the snow at speeds upwards to 20 MPH (what can I say, I was having fun!) The only damage is a slight bend to the rotating assebly and the plow still works flawlessly. I plow for at least 7 houses per snow fall (last year it was 10-12 houses and it was a record snowfall year here). I recommend Moose and only Moose to anyone looking for an extremely tough plow. Trust me when I say I put it to the test.

I also just got done installing a Warn 54" manual lift plow on my buddy's new Brute Force 750. I hated it (I am not biased. He even likes my Moose better too). No offense to anyone who has a Warn plow but it seems inferior to the Moose in many ways. The blade itself on the Warn seems tough but the angle adjustment doesn't seem as sturdy as the Moose. The manual lift on the Warn is also a joke IMO. The little cable and pully system they have seems cheesy. There is just too many small parts on the Warn set up. The mounting plate also robs a good 2 inches of ground clearance across the whole width of the frame, where as the Moose only has two little ears that stick down barely an inch and take up minimal ground clearance. The Warn manual lift handle mechanism is bolted to the front rack. I suppose you can unbolt it everytime you want to hit the trails, but thats just annoying. The Moose's lift handle is all attatched to the push tube so it all comes off when it's time to go play.

Sorry for the late night (umm... early morning) rambling.