Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

How to leave your ATV alone in the woods

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to leave your ATV alone in the woods

Last weekend, I saw the funniest thing. I'm riding in a forrested area and I come across an Eiger that is "hanging" from a tree branch about 10 feet above my head!

So, a short time thereafter, I saw a guy in a truck coming down the trail towards the hanging bike. I started talking to him and he explained the situation.

He had just gone through some deep water and his spark plug cracked. Now, riding alone, and not having a spare plug and after waiting over 3 hours for someone to show up (nobody did), he had no choice but to go back to his truck (about 10 miles) and go to the parts store (another 30 miles). He was afraid to leave the bike alone (wouldn't we all?). So, he threw his winch cable up over a tree branch, winched the bike up (had a cool wireless winch switch which I would like to get) and left it.

People never seem to amaze me.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

lol, thats cool. wen me and my friends go sumwhere for lunch i ussually run my quad into a bunch of deep bushes that i found on the side of the trail and cover it with a bunch of branches. then we walk up the trail to dunkin donuts or sumthin. u wouldnt even tell that there was a quad there if u looked at it.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Trailblazer

I would just park it behind some tree and then take the key with u.Also i have a huge question.I was wondering dose iny1 no were i can get my 2003 kawasaki prairie 360 some upgraded performance parts.Or how to tune my prairie.I wont more high off the ground or more clearnece.Inyway iny thing that will make my quad perform beter..No rang in costNO LIMITE IN COST.Thsnk you and have a nice day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

yea well i hide my quad so that the po-po doesnt see it and wait for me to get to my quad and then confront me about it u kno. i would just hide it behind a tree but that wont work very well unless i find a 6 foot wide tree sumwhere in the woods.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

lol that pretty crazy that would suck if the branch broke off the smashed the bike, when i go to eat i park my bike right out front so i can keep an eye on it of winch it to a pole and take the key

Old 01-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Trailblazer

I never thought of the po po.HHHMMMM i guse ur right.Maby next time i should be a bit more carefull(And smart)

Old 01-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

here's what i do. i have to leave my 4-wheeler unattended in the woods quite a bit. (there are a lot of trails that have a certain point that is not open to atvs or not possible to get an atv into, so i leave the atv and hike)

anyway, here's what to do. park the atv off the trail where it is not in the way of traffic, but visible to all of the traffic, but leave an empty pistol holster on the seat for all to see. they will know there is a guy with a gun out there that could be anywhere. never had anything messed with yet. (i carry an old holster in my toolbox for this)

monty

Old 01-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Range Rover

kawiloverchris .. With all do respect buddy, your first post has to be the absolute worst example of grammar and spelling that I've seen on these boards in a very long time LOL

Old 01-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider

the absolute worst example of grammar and spelling that I've seen on these boards

red state

Old 01-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

I just hook mine to a tree with a treestand cable lock.

Quick Reply: How to leave your ATV alone in the woods