Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Snowmobilers don't like ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snowmobilers don't like ATV's

Yea we've talked to a few of the younger guys we've seen being complete idiots, ripping through peoples back yards, on the "snowmobile trails" in the summer. They don't relize that this is private land, donated to the snowmobile club for winter only, and that if agrivated it will be revoked and fences put up.

There's not much policing in the back trails during summer time, occasionaly a suburban full of officers will show up in the pits, just to make sure mainly that no one is drinking.

While the pits are off limits and considered trust passing, we use the ones that aren't production anymore and when the police do arrive, as long as the guys aren't idiots and try and run away, or run their mouth the officers usualy just give you a "you really shouldn't be in here, but be safe on your way out" and they leave us be.

Where they are really really sticky here is on roads. My home does sit directly on the wooded trail, however, early spring it becomes a big mud hole, and my outlaw just doesn't like it, so I would ride up the street to another spot.

My bike is stock, I don't rev it or rip, second gear cruising, two days later police show up at my door. apparently we have a zero tolerance for ATV's on the streets. However, that same street is a snowmobile legal one. Not sure how that works?

But the officer explained that a few of my knucklehead buddies rip up and down the street at 100k doing wheelies, jumping off curbs, and they said thats it thats all.

Only a matter of time before that's applied to the trails as well.