Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Anyone have eagle hydraulic plow turn kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006 | 11:54 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Anyone have eagle hydraulic plow turn kit?

I am thinking of buying one for my 60" moose but there is very little information available anywhere. Those of you who have them what do think of them? Roughly how much amperage do they use in comparison to the winch? Does the blade still angle as far to each side as it did prior to the turn kit? Is there a shear pin or other "sacrificial" part to break if an immovable obstacle is struck on one of the blade ends. Is it strong enough to not need a shear pin? Is it very slow to move the blade from side to side? I am hoping to find an off season deal on one (yeah right). Sorry for all of the questions but I have looked for these answers everywhere including contacting Eagle's website but no response. Thank you for your time.

Old 05-05-2006 | 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

I was thinking about one of those kits also.. I was wondering if someone could fab up their own ram for it.. I checked around local for a electric ram but couldnt find anything. I believe they were like $400? I almost think it isnt worth it. I know cycle country make a turn kit. But I have heard cycle country blades are not that great of a setup. The moose i heard was a better one. More stout.

My friend has a moost for his honda and it is a heavy duty blade..

Too bad the cycle country system cant be retrofitted to the moose.

Need to go look at the Polaris system also...

Old 05-05-2006 | 11:23 PM
|
Pro Rider

I finally was able to contact someone at Eagle and found out the following: It is a sealed unit (not servicable), It has a shear bolt, No contactor it uses 10 amps, 1/2" of angle side to side is lost with the kit. I was told it is a good system but is not indestructable. I ordered mine a few days ago $345 including shipping. The price just increased recently MSRP $418 !!! Obviously I wont find out much about quality for 6-7 months but I do some small parking lots commercially so we'll see how it holds up. I have the 60" moose with a home made fabricated mount plate on a 2005 Polaris 800 Sportsman. The mount plate is identical to a glacier mount except it has two ears that come down approx. 1 1/2" to mount the push tubes to. I also shortened the push tubes some so it does not stick out too far. I have approximately 30" of lift to the cutting edge of the blade from the ground. The top of the blade will touch the Polaris brush guard. I also fabricated two of the blade weights sold by Montana Jacks approx 40 lbs each that attach detach with 4 bolts. The moose is a tough blade I have no regrets with it after bouncing it off curbs, potholes and other immovable obstacles at probably 10-12 mph at times.