Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

WHAT TIRES FOR MY VINSON???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006 | 09:30 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default WHAT TIRES FOR MY VINSON???

Looking to replace my stock tires on my 06 vinson auto.My typical riding terrain is woods trails with some rocks and multiflora roses several steep hills and avg size mud holes which i like to hit.Lots of the riding is on hill sides(southern ohio).I want a six ply and don't want to add a bunch of weight also want to stay stock size.I have been leaning toward the big horns but they seem a little heavy (23lbs).Any suggestions?thanks

Old 05-10-2006 | 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

Why not mudlights.....They suck in snow and last years compound wears quick but other than that they are light and hookup in mud

Old 05-10-2006 | 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

I have BigHorns on my BF. They're a great all-around tire. I'm sure there are better mud specific tires. I haven't gotten stuck yet - on account of the tires.
The "stuck" in my profile is because I high-centered on a pair of ruts. No matter what tire I had on there - I would have gotten stuck.

It's a great all around trail/mud/snow tire. I had the thing out in over a foot of snow this winter with no problems.

Old 05-10-2006 | 07:41 PM
Range Rover

Why not mudlights.....They suck in snow and last years compound wears quick but other than that they are light and hookup in mud
Do you mean the Mud Lites suck in the snow and tread wears quickly? I am very much considering 25" Mud Lite XL for my Vinson I almost bot them a little while ago.
I got threw some pretty deep snow this past winter (2 feet deep, alot of foward and reverse to get through) on my stock duncrap tires with 3500km on the tread surely the Mud Lites are better than those. How does tread wear compare to the stock Tires?

My Vinson Pic's

Old 05-11-2006 | 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

Well I did not buy the new mudlights you should go to there website to check out to be sure you get the new rubber compound...As far as in snow....I stopped on a hill with maybe 3" snow and went to take off...it seemed the tires had to spin because not enough tread was touching the ground...I'm sure the radials have more tread on the ground and would be better suited for snow...mine will work fine in the real deep stuff though...It just needs somthing to hook onto.

Old 05-11-2006 | 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

Just slap on a set of cheap DirtDevils and be done with it.

It's a great all around tire, and for the price it's hard to beat. They might not be 6 ply in the stock size but I run thru sticks and over down trees with those sharp pointy broken off branches and have yet to puncture the tire.

Did I mention they were cheap?

Old 05-11-2006 | 06:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If you go the Mud Lite route get the Mud Lite XTR's the lugs are closer together making them a much better trial tire but they will still sling some seriouse mud.

Old 05-12-2006 | 10:21 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

i have been looking at the mud lite xtr and also the dirt tamer.I like the looks of the new itp terra cross radial but they are not making them in a 25 yet,they said it would be around 30 days .I had mud lites on my old kq and they did well except going down dry hard pack hills(broke loose)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]