Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Best Utility for tight trails

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 10:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Utility for tight trails

MY father bought an 06 KodiaK 450 in the spring it is a bit smaller overall than my Vinson but not buy much. I think if IRS isn't a big deal than I would give Suzuki a look either the Eiger or Vinson both fun to ride but if you can afford it go with the Vinson over the Eiger. Suzuki is set to release a 450 efi, Irs, 4x4 in the fall... Kodiak killer in my opinion.
I haven't driven the Kodiak except for around the yard seems like a good bike but I wouldn't trade my Vinson for it. The turning radius seems tighter on the Vinson than the Kodiak.

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/suzvinny2004/my_photos">My Pics</a>

Old 07-24-2006, 12:45 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I happen to own a Kodiak and two Ranchers. I bought the kodiak first and I was very happy for about a year. We had planed a camping trip and I found a cheap used rancher and since we didn't have enough atv's for everyone, I bought it. It corners and steers sooooo much easier than the kodiak. Don't get me wrong I think the Kodiak is a great machine, It'll out work my ranchers any day. And its quicker (on the strait aways). And it climbs like an SOB. If I was going to ride like my grandmother I'd probably prefer the Kodiak but I don't so I bought annother rancher and my Kodiak is for sale.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

And just to set a record, this is the first time i will not reccomend an Arctic Cat. For tight trails, they are just to wide[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: v2rider
And just to set a record, this is the first time i will not reccomend an Arctic Cat. For tight trails, they are just to wide[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Alright v2, then you are leaving it up to me...

I recommend an Arctic Cat. I had a 2004 400 4x4 auto up in alaska and there was no trail. I HAD to drive over trees and rocks and such, while pulling out my moose. I needed the width and weight of the ATV to handle it. Even if my Fourtrax was a 4x4 there is no way it could have done what my Cat did. So, the previous comment about getting a Cat and driving over the trees isn't too far off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2006, 03:47 AM
Pro Rider

I have an eiger and still ride it in the more tight technical stuff,(king quad is still new and its black) but if you know what you are doing you can usually find your way around the tight stuff or slow down. Depending where you are riding take a chainsaw lol

Old 07-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

well where we ride it is a vast mix of tight trails and wide open trails. my buddy rides an 05 450 kodiac and loves it. in some of the tight stuff i either have to a) back up and try again. b) mow the damm tree down. or c) find a new trail. the kodiac is very manueverable. but i also have a recon and it is even more nimble in the woods but the 2wd doesnt get it done. after many years spent on the big quad it just doesnt feel right when i get on his kodiac.