Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

How bout this polaris challange to the CEO's??

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bout this polaris challange to the CEO's??

Sounds like you seen the same video I seen. Polaris has been putting out videos like this for years now. Back when the grizzly 600 came out they had comparison videos. Every company does this showing there strong points. But to say the brp challange was a third party judge and all is abit strange. I have the dvd and it says in fine print that it is a publication of Outrange PUblications, media division. Polaris uses Medialoft. But all they do is film the action put on by the marketing crews for the companies. Most end up in dealer showrooms on tv's playing all day. Some are put on infomercials and sometimes you dee them stuck in magazines. I think brp makes a fine atv with great features. nobody doubts that. I'll bet this thing will be on tv or webcast or something, kinda hard to hide that on retakes od scenes.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

would not agree to this. Polaris wants to have exclusive rights to everything, using their competitiors to their advantage WHILE their competitors WAIVE their rights to ANYthing. Unfair terms. Polaris cant have it both ways. If they win- fine publish it- unbiased. If the competitors win, allow them to have rights to that and publish it -UNBIASED. Isnt that what the polaris CEO really wants - to settle things once and for all? if he is imposing the waiving of rights for the other OEMS, screw it - its fishy already.

Besides, wasnt this already done via the Can-am Challenge? Is Polaris running scared and trying to copy this? In the Ute area, which i acknowledge im no 100% expert, but i think the CAN-AM Challenge already showed them and some other OEMS up a little and did more for CAN-AM than this duel will do for Polaris. Its a waste of time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

It's a JOKE! How old are the Honda and Suzuki CEO's? The terms of conditions are a joke as well......I doubt this packet will make it out of any legal department of any ATV manufacturer.

BOLD? ROFLMAO, this guy is a coward IMO. Make it a fair race with with riders picked by a third party, judge it by a third party and let a third party administer all the media formats.

This guy is only pulling this stunt cause he knows most probably won't accept then he can say "SEE, THEY HAVE SO LITTLE FAITH IN THEIR OWN MACHINES THEY DIDN'T EVEN ACCEPT THE OFFER"......

Old 10-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

You mean the Can-Am duel where they PURPOSELY ran the sp800 into the side of the mud bog to slow it down? You mean the same Can-Am duel that they put the sp800 in the wrong range (which was obvious from the video) for the sled pull? You mean the same Can-Am duel where they kept showing different views of the sled pull (sometimes with the sp800 lights on and sometimes off) kind of like they took different runs and combined them to make the Can-Am's look better? You mean the same Can-Am duel that they would not use the Polaris in the 4X4 part of the duel. You mean the same Can-Am duel that had NOBODY that was not bias in the comparison. OH...... OK.....Just asking if we were talking about the same duel.
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

Someone's a bit oversensitive it seems. LOL.......get over it.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well Duh, Polaris wouldnt run a campaign showing a drag race with a can-am, would it?

Old 10-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

When I watch a panthers game, At the end of the broadcast(if they are home) says that the rights to the program are owned by the panthers and the nfl. No replay w/o permission. But yet we see replays all over the sports shows. As long as the other companies get permission from polaris and do not alter the footage, then I'm sure they can use it. If yamaha out pulls ac then yamaha may use that footage. They just won't show the ones that beat the yamaha. Somebody has to have rights to it. If brp made this challange I would be all for it. And all of you who are brp fans would love it. So what's so bad about this setting aside the video rights some people complain about? People are complaining bout tires and everything else. This ain't nascar. If they were all built the same with a different brand name sticker on the side this test would be useless. The local Yamaha, suzuki dealership in town thinks it's great. And there biggest competition is Polaris.(in my area) They are even thinking of flying out to watch. They have commented that this is a great marketing event and hopes that there brands follow through with something of there own. Something should be done like this every year. Who cares who makes the challange.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Well I think the idea of challenging the actual CEO's is a joke IMO. This is supposed to be about the machines not the men behind them. I know zero about any of them but if some are fairly old then is this really even fair? I just have his image of the Honda CEO being this 67 year old little Japanese guy who gets this envelope and just laughs at it.

Besides, only POLARIS CLAIMS to make the TOUGHEST ATV's. I guess with an extra couple hundred pounds of steel added to their frames, they MIGHT be right about that but good grief, an 800 lb ATV is a bit much.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

I can't see atv's with a 600 pound limit. As a play toy I guess its ok but to work and use as a utility it won't handle as well. Hook up to a disc or cultivator and see how she pulls. The ride seems to be smoother too with the extra weight. It doesn;t get tossed around as easy. As log as the balance is good It doesn't bother me at all. And I've seen the 800 sportsman loaded with all the extras stand straight up with no problem. Oh yeah, My grandpa is 70 and has no trouble hanging with me and i'm 25. He rides one of those 800 pounders too. I'm not saying he shouldn't take it a little easy, but you all know how grandpa's are. You can't tell em nothing. Set in there ways.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

we could alway let dirtwheels be the 3rd party! there trust worthy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

They never seriously expected anyone to accept this challenge. I'd say this has probably accomplished all it was meant to - get people talking and generate publicity and buzz in the ATV community. It's marketing 101 for Pete's sake. Granted, Polaris is trying to be a bit avant-garde in a professional wrestling sort of way, but it was hatched in some marketing research session. It's also pretty obvious with the conditions layed out in the contract they don't seriously expect any manufacturer to pick up the gauntlet so to speak.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 4wheelerfred
we could alway let dirtwheels be the 3rd party! there trust worthy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

DW's... "And the winner is, Yamaha"

Quick Reply: How bout this polaris challange to the CEO's??