Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

How bout this polaris challange to the CEO's??

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bout this polaris challange to the CEO's??

Originally posted by: v2rider
Well Duh, Polaris wouldnt run a campaign showing a drag race with a can-am, would it?
Your right, in all fairness that should be put in.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raidermike67
Well I think the idea of challenging the actual CEO's is a joke IMO. This is supposed to be about the machines not the men behind them. I know zero about any of them but if some are fairly old then is this really even fair? I just have his image of the Honda CEO being this 67 year old little Japanese guy who gets this envelope and just laughs at it.

Besides, only POLARIS CLAIMS to make the TOUGHEST ATV's. I guess with an extra couple hundred pounds of steel added to their frames, they MIGHT be right about that but good grief, an 800 lb ATV is a bit much.
Wanna play tug-o-war?

Old 10-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally posted by: CaptainQuint
They never seriously expected anyone to accept this challenge. I'd say this has probably accomplished all it was meant to - get people talking and generate publicity and buzz in the ATV community. It's marketing 101 for Pete's sake. Granted, Polaris is trying to be a bit avant-garde in a professional wrestling sort of way, but it was hatched in some marketing research session. It's also pretty obvious with the conditions layed out in the contract they don't seriously expect any manufacturer to pick up the gauntlet so to speak.
Exactly! Look how many threads on this site alone this has created. All goes back to the saying, "There is no such thing as bad publicity."

Old 10-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

Wanna play tug-o-war?
>>>>>>>>>>>

Hmmmmmmm......sure, bring it on! Although I'm not sure what this proves and in all my trail riding days I've never found this to be something that has occured to me. This something like a tractor pull?

Old 10-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

Wanna play tug-o-war?
>>>>>>>>>>>

Hmmmmmmm......sure, bring it on! Although I'm not sure what this proves and in all my trail riding days I've never found this to be something that has occured to me. This something like a tractor pull?
"in all my trail riding days" hmmmmmmmmmmm...........believe it or not some of us paid the extra for 4X4 so we could use them for work. I use mine a lot for plowing and pulling and unless you want to strap a couple 100# bags of grain to your 800 (which YOU suggested is how much extra useless weight is on a Polaris) I'm going to out work your rocketship everyday of the week and twice on sunday. Now has it occured to you? Or do you need what a 4X4 is meant for spelled out more clearly?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

I'm going to out work your rocketship everyday of the week and twice on sunday. Now has it occured to you? Or do you need what a 4X4 is meant for spelled out more clearly?
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

Knock your bad self out with all that work. My ATV is for FUN! IF I wanted one for work I'd have bought a Honda Foreman or Rancher.

Tell me what a 4x4 is meant for, please, I've just dying to find out.

The great thing about the #150lb bag of sand I put on the back is I can remove it for when I'm having FUN!

Seems a bit silly for Polaris to declare a duel with utility vehicles designed for WORK yet I'm curious what their course will look like in Vegas? Suppose there will be a tug of war pit? Kinda hot for snow, so doubt there will be a snow plowing competition. They probably will have a mud hole so that should be interesting. Why no drag race? Just throw that #150lb bag of sand on the back to try and make it fair huh? Wonder if there will be any hill climbing contests? Doubful........

Old 10-12-2006, 11:14 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's rediculous. The Japanese CEO's are like 90 years old and have probably never even sat on one of the Ute's they manufacture. Polaris knows damn well that nobody will show and then they'll say " see we challenged them all and they were all scared, WE WIN".

Old 10-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

You mean the Can-Am duel where they PURPOSELY ran the sp800 into the side of the mud bog to slow it down? You mean the same Can-Am duel that they put the sp800 in the wrong range (which was obvious from the video) for the sled pull? You mean the same Can-Am duel where they kept showing different views of the sled pull (sometimes with the sp800 lights on and sometimes off) kind of like they took different runs and combined them to make the Can-Am's look better? You mean the same Can-Am duel that they would not use the Polaris in the 4X4 part of the duel. You mean the same Can-Am duel that had NOBODY that was not bias in the comparison. OH...... OK.....Just asking if we were talking about the same duel. >>>>>>>>>>>>So meone's a bit oversensitive it seems. LOL.......get over it.
Oversensitive? Looks like he has some good points there.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Oversensitive? Looks like he has some good points there.
>>>>>>>>

He's entitled to his opinion. That video shows the different Outlander models also coming up short against some of the competition but in general the Outlanders held their own against even larger cc ATV's. The video has since been revised to show other competiton. IF it were rigged as the poster vaguely suggested wouldn't the Oultander models win every competition?

Old 10-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

The BRP video was verified by a third party and used "pro" riders, I like this because then you are comparing machines not drivers. And that's what the whole point is, isn't it? The Polaris CEO is claiming their machines are the best or is he claiming he is the best rider???
>>>>>>>>>>

Exactly, this SHOULD be about the machines and not the CEO's....Like I said, I bet Honda's CEO could give a rats ****. They are the most profitable automotive/motorcycle/small engine maker in the world and have produced HIGH quality machines for decades. Polaris claims to be the toughest, Honda claims to be the most reliable. When your 40 miles from camp and down a canyon, which would you prefer...the toughest or the most reliable? I'll take getting back home every time ANYDAY over which is the toughest.

Quick Reply: How bout this polaris challange to the CEO's??