Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Roketa 300 Utility ATV Carburetor Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roketa 300 Utility ATV Carburetor Question

I have a 2006 Roketa Utility ATV they call it a 300 but it is acutally 260cc. This atv is water cooled with an automatic transmission and shaft drive. The carburetor is Speed Controlled by using Regulator does anyone know how to adjust this regulator or disable it?

Thanks for any info.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think your Roketa is the same as my SUNL utility vehichle. Does yours shut down after running hard for about 5 minutes? Also does yours have a choke? Mine doesn't and I live in NC where this morning I had a real hard time getting it started. I had to run a tube to the air filter duct in order to feed gas in and get it started. Just bought this thing this summer. It seems to be a good vehicle but has a few chinese kinks to work out.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mine doesn't have a choke either but don't have any problems starting even on cold mornings. The problem I'm having is, after running the machine to about a 1/2 tank of gas the gas flow to the carburetor slows to a trickle and the engine stops. I thought the problem was caused by the speed control regulator on the carburetor but it turns out it might be the cheap gas line they used. It looks like the gas line is collapsing and restricting flow when the fuel level in the tank drops. I replaced the gas line with quality gas line and so far so good. If your machine quits after running 5 minutes does it act like it running out of gas? If so check your gas lines.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think you may have something regarding the gas lines. When I first got it, I had trouble starting it after the third time starting and I looked in the fuel flow reservoir and found soot. I took it appart and cleaned it out and had no trouble for a while after that. I've checked the reservoir since having the shutdown problems after hard running but it appears to be clean. I didn't think about checking the lines. I'll go through them and clean out. Probably need to replace all together. This may also be leading to my non-starting on cold mornings. Have you adjusted your carb.? I did but can't decide how fast to idle. I saw a Roketa on ebay and it looks identical to the SUNL I have. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

There are no adjustment screws on my carburetor just idle adjustment. You can see my ATV at http://store.pocketbikewholesalers.c...discovery.html that page shows my exact machine, the green one. I was afraid to buy one of these machines because of parts availability but it turns out this company stocks the largest inventory of Roketa parts in the country. I called them last week telling them of my problem they told me it was the carburetor they said to submit a parts request form. I faxed it to them and 4 days later a brand new carburetor showed up via UPS express. The carburetor was free because the machine is still under warranty. I didn't install it yet because I believe I fixed the problem with the new gas lines and inline filter but time will tell.

Do you have a web address where I can see what your machine looks like?

Old 10-26-2006, 01:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've been trying to get up with my guy in Texas but haven't heard from him in a couple of days. He is usually pretty good about call backs. I may want to check your parts guy out if these are from the same manufacturer. Here is a link to a picture of mine http://www.sunl.com/images/DSC_00711L.jpg. Mines a two seater, I think yours is a regular ATV one seater?