Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Wish It Would Snow

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006 | 12:05 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default Wish It Would Snow

i got news for ya, the heavier the machine the better job plowing snow it'll do . the key is not to try to push too much at a time or all you'll do is spin all the time. thats why you see most of the pickups being 3/4 ton vs. 1/2 ton plowing snow comm. because there heavier and stronger do better job.

Old 11-23-2006 | 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MotoF150
Im waiting for the first deep snow, I can't wait to try out my Eiger in the deep snow, I have my Cycle Country Plow mounted and ready to go. From reading this forum in the past im having second thoughts how my Eiger is going to perform in the deep snow but I just thought of something new, I noticed the weight of the plow is heavy and when I lift the plow the front end of my Eiger really drops down so im thinking the added weight of the plow will improve the 4 wheel drive front axle traction, plus the low range the Eiger has is really geared low and that will help push the plow when its down pushing heavy snow. The neighbor has a 700 Polaris with a plow and im worried that his Polaris will out-perform my Eiger pushing snow, all I expect is my Eiger will match the Polaris. I was guilty bragging to him that my Eiger is just as good as his Polaris except his Polaris has a faster top speed. Im worried, I don't wanta him to see me stuck in the snow with my Eiger. If you guys that have experience in pushing snow could you give me some advice and tips on the right way to do it so I look good doing it so I won't look bad in front of my neighbor?
================================================== ======== I would bet your neighbor can't wait to cover you in snow theirs no way you can push snow as well as he can.

Old 11-28-2006 | 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

everyone has pretty much summed up what you need to do here. i drop my air pressure down to about 2 to 2.5 psi for plowing. as for your front end dive; crank up the pre load adjustment on the front shocks. i did that the first year i plowed then i bought highlifter springs for all 4 corners. now i dont have as much front end dive and it rides better too. keep your plow clean even wax it. this helps the snow slide off and not stick to the plow. dont worry about the polaris, it will probably break-down and you will be plowing for him!!! LOL just kiddin.

Old 11-30-2006 | 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MotoF150
Im waiting for the first deep snow, I can't wait to try out my Eiger in the deep snow, I have my Cycle Country Plow mounted and ready to go. From reading this forum in the past im having second thoughts how my Eiger is going to perform in the deep snow but I just thought of something new, I noticed the weight of the plow is heavy and when I lift the plow the front end of my Eiger really drops down so im thinking the added weight of the plow will improve the 4 wheel drive front axle traction, plus the low range the Eiger has is really geared low and that will help push the plow when its down pushing heavy snow. The neighbor has a 700 Polaris with a plow and im worried that his Polaris will out-perform my Eiger pushing snow, all I expect is my Eiger will match the Polaris. I was guilty bragging to him that my Eiger is just as good as his Polaris except his Polaris has a faster top speed. Im worried, I don't wanta him to see me stuck in the snow with my Eiger. If you guys that have experience in pushing snow could you give me some advice and tips on the right way to do it so I look good doing it so I won't look bad in front of my neighbor?
Hey genius, when you drop your plow to push the snow, the weight of the plow is actually hinders the pushing ability. The weight is no longer on the front end it is on the ground which does not help with traction. 30 yrs. old my a$$.
If you were 30 yrs. old and this dumb they would be legally aloud to sell you a quad.......even as wimpy a quad as a 400 eiger.

Old 11-30-2006 | 11:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

jujst get a duramax....and leave the snow on his front steps.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2006 | 11:42 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep

No matter how many times you hit that horse he's not going to get up...............He's dead.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]