Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

All Honda's Are Beltless

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Honda's Are Beltless

Originally posted by: MotoF150
PLEASE!! Will someone please explain to me why I see many, many, many belt drive atv's with belt drive problems, aka slipping belts and you guys that own a belt drive claim you never had a problem with a slipping belt??? The ONLY answer I can come up with is most of you guys with belt drives never ride them hard enough to cause the belt to slip. We are on a different level when it comes to defining what hard riding is, hard riding to me is during ur ride ur scared that ur going to crash and hurt yourself and after ur ride is over ur both physicially and mentally exhausted from holding on and fighting the atv. Some of the areas I ride my atv at are down right scarry and drinking does help, but you do feel good about yourself when you can do it and most people can't.
BAN THIS JAG OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MotoF150
PLEASE!! Will someone please explain to me why I see many, many, many belt drive atv's with belt drive problems, aka slipping belts and you guys that own a belt drive claim you never had a problem with a slipping belt??? The ONLY answer I can come up with is most of you guys with belt drives never ride them hard enough to cause the belt to slip. We are on a different level when it comes to defining what hard riding is, hard riding to me is during ur ride ur scared that ur going to crash and hurt yourself and after ur ride is over ur both physicially and mentally exhausted from holding on and fighting the atv. Some of the areas I ride my atv at are down right scarry and drinking does help, but you do feel good about yourself when you can do it and most people can't.
Forum members. Aren't you bored of this guy's posts yet? It's obvious that he's a troll. There isn't anything exciting going on in December in the backwoods where he lives. Watching the laundry dry from the clothesline or watching the pontiac firebird rust outside a bit more is about the peak of excitement there this time of year. I'm sure Moto doesn't even believe half the $hit he says. No sane person would. He says it to get a rise out of you. I've been just as guilty about responding to him but enough is enough. Honestly, the guy bores the heck out of me anymore. Let's get back to some more serious topics. If Moto continues to post in a thread, skip over it and read the next guy's post. We all know he provides no value here and is pretty much useless to all the members here.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

i agree jd. hard to not get angry. but your right. he is an idiot. welp. ill see if i can contain my self. and join the band wagon of ignoreing.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FITSofRAGE
i agree jd. hard to not get angry. but your right. he is an idiot. welp. ill see if i can contain my self. and join the band wagon of ignoreing.
you will never be able to do it. your name says it all[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2006, 05:23 AM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

this comment is generally speaking......

I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BBR650
this comment is generally speaking......

I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!

i think the stupid people is gone![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2007, 02:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

My 2 cents on belt drives:

The truth is: belts do <u>NOT</u> last 15,000 miles!

The belt on my Kodiak 450 lasted 7,500 miles! I ride 80% Arizona desert and the rest in the Mountains of Utah & California.
For me it is a pain to replace! It is way overpriced at: $150.00! Trying to replace the belt on the trail is impossible for me. I ride solo a lot and I find this a big disadvantage! Trying to torque the secondary sheave is another pain and I am still trying to figure out how to keep the sheave from moving in order to torque the nut. (I was able to torque the front sheave by using a strap). Add to this the fact that I am still waiting for a backordered from Yamaha. Up to this point I have been happy with the performance with the auto belt drive system but am beginning to re-think this design of tranny for my next ride.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

Let the thread DIE....and $150 bucks for a belt after 7,500 miles is nothing......

Old 05-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I found this topic of interest and this is my first post here. If this is the way you reply to new people I will go elsewhere.

I did enjoy the topic and learned some things from it. Thanks to those who posted.

Old 05-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

sorry......not for your fault...that motof150 guy was a BAD APPLE, I didn't realize it was your first post.

I hope you did not find anything he said helpful

Quick Reply: All Honda's Are Beltless