Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

All Honda's Are Beltless

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 03:03 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Honda's Are Beltless

You should have looked at my photos before you posted. The SRX is one of many brands and models I've had over the years. If we got more snow, I probably wouldn't have an ATV - I'd have a bike and a sled.
Nice sled, you look like you get you fair amount of snow there. I tried the dirt bike with my sled thing but I still needed a ATV to carry stuff which a dirtbike will not + they do not fall over when you stop. I do notice when ice fishing now that there are as many or more ATVs on the lake than sleds now. One investment rather than two is the reason I would guess and a ATV can bring more gear with the two racks. The only reason I bought a polaris ATV was because I had so much luck with there snowmobiles in the past.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

I actually like shifting in stop n go traffic ... takes the boredom out of it ...

Old 11-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

Originally posted by: propnut
here I post figures that show the CVT is not always more efficient and I get ignorance. If I'm wrong about this, please post some facts so I can come to the correct conclusion.

Looks to me that today's ATV CVT is a low cost transmission for people that have no choice as their favorite ATV only has a CVT, lazy drivers, or people that don't know how to properly use a manual. You can't get an ATV with a CVT like cars right now. There is only one shift point with ATV CVTs, one mode. They are kind of rudimentry and simple, just like their performance. Have it your way, but don't twist the facts to justify your CVT. Today's modern (automobile) CVTs mimic manuals and that's part of why they are gaining widespread acceptance, the other part being efficiency at part throttle (MPG). A CVT that shifts like a manual, so it performs for the driver, not fuel mileage at part throttle or compensation for lack of driver effort/skill

and I just cant get over that bulge from the belt case taking up my foot space..
im not trying to be ignorant here but you are being a little one sided. i had 2 raptors, one pistoned and cammed the other was stock. i love my cvt trail riding and for everything i use it for. the power is there when i smash the throttle, as far as them not having power and adequate foot space......i can see you havnt ridden an outlander.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:11 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Looks to me that today's ATV CVT is a low cost transmission for people that have no choice as their favorite ATV only has a CVT, lazy drivers, or people that don't know how to properly use a manual. You can't get an ATV with a CVT like cars right now. There is only one shift point with ATV CVTs,
I rode motocross and high powered street bikes for years I know how to ride any manual. I don't want a manual because its just pointless on a Utility bike that rides on tails and does yard work. I do not not want a CVT to have a shift option because thats why I chose a auto in the first place ,not to bother shifting Period! Belts are just not a low cost tranny because all the expensive top of the line models only come in belt drive. Also when a ATV comes in manual or belt version why do they sell the belt model for more if its a cost saving measure?

Its suppose to have one shift point or else why call it a automatic?

Old 11-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

i can see you havnt ridden an outlander
maybe I gave the wrong impression when I said Outlander. May not be the best ATV for pulling a cranberry harvester in a bog or logging on a hillside, but the Outlander is gong to accelerate hard no matter what transmission it has. I'm not saying it doesn't accelerate hard for an atv. I was just saying atvs can't hang with sleds, but people that ride both know that. The more ice or snow, the more so. Sorry about going off subject, but as TLC said As for snowmobiling ,try the sport,you may give up ATVs.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

i wish i could ride a sled, unfortunatly we dont often get enough snow for one. i think this might be the first time in years its going to be possible. it has sleeted 3 inches here today and they are calling for 6-12in of snow between tonight and tomarrow. as for logging you might be wrong.....

http://atvwild.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5090

as for the cranberry bog im sure they would do more than fine outfitted with belt cover snorkels. the only reason they take water into the cover is the intake vent is in the inner fender on the left side. so if you hit water with speed if is forced into the cover. at little more than idle entering a mudhole whick i just about rolled the bike on the side b/c of deep ruts my belt never slipped once. not even under full throttle rocking the bike from side to side. oh by the way the water was up to the bottom of the seat and exhaust under water. i was stuck due to being high centered. what i didnt know was it was a truck mud hole made by trucks with 44's. dumb mistake on my part........

Old 11-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

That's not a hill!! But that rig is something. I think I'd want an Outlander max for that work.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: MotoF150
Everytime, EVERYTIME I go out for a ride I always run into a belt drive atv with a belt slipping problem. I see it happen so many times that im amazed that nobody in this forum see it too or experienced a belt slipping problem with the belt drive atv they own. Maybe im missing something here, maybe its the rough and tough conditions we have around here to ride in where the belt drives can't handle it, maybe you guys in this forum ride ur belt drive atv in smooth, level, dry conditions, maybe the majority of the atv's around here are the older models of the belt drives and the last few years the belt drives have improved or changed. maybe its the guys around here don't do the proper maintenance on their atv that causes the belt to slip, like maybe the belt was worn out and they should have had a new belt installed. But! I know for a fact that the majority of the atv owners around here where I live will agree with me that any belt drive is a P.O.S. Can't I just get ONE person in this forum that agrees with me????
Maybe your mother dropped you on your head to many times as a child. or maybe just maybe she didnt do it enough!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: MotoF150
us atv owners should all stand up and demand to all the manufactures that make atv's that we don't want belt drives! When we keep buying belt drives they think we like them and they build more and they disscontinue the gear drives with the belt drives, I fear the day is coming where all atv's will be belt drive and then we will be forced to buy them cause thats all you can get, its impossible to drive a 40 hp engine pulling around a 1/2 ton atv with a stupid rubber belt, it don't work, the only reason they make it with a belt is because it saves them money in manufacturing costs resulting in higher profits. If belt drives are so wonderful why don't they use them on cars, trucks, semi trucks and trains? THEY ARE SHOVING BELT DRIVES DOWN OUR THROATS AND WE MUST STAND UP AND BE UNITED AND SAY WE WON'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!
How about you stand up, walk away from the computer, and dont come back!!

Old 12-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

well gys id say belt drives are ok. mine works. others work. they all seem to work. belt. none belt. they just work. its preference i guess. and yes yes. another idiotic story telling time from motormouth150. man this little boy sure gets around dont he[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] i can agree with everyone on here. except one. and we know who that is now dont we..

Quick Reply: All Honda's Are Beltless