Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007 | 07:56 PM
Range Rover
Default King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

Originally posted by: FITSofRAGE
from what ive seen of the can am 800. and this is from pulling the injured one out of the woods. the only good place for a can am. is on a farm. actually thats a bit harsh. from what ive seen. the can am does not hold a candle to a king quad. the king is most deffinetly king compared to a can am. the can am has a frame that looks like a toy. it may have a big powerful rotax. the best part of it. but again. the king would be a much better atv. in handling and toughness. i see u pay a huge price tag for a can am.. and im sure people have and love them. but after seeing one torn apart. i still say that just about any jap atv is built better. at least a king quad has a frame.. not just some flat piece of tin shaped into a c channel going out the front. with all its things hooked to it. like diff. and such.. it looked very chinsey.. and from how it folded. i would have to say it is as chinsey as it looks. and though it is not made of tin. just a figure of speach. any how. id take the king over the 800 any day.. and im sure that any one who has ridden. that really really looks at them. would also choose the jap atv.. im not a polaris man at all. but id take a polaris any day over the can am.. at least u know the polaris will not fold like this can am. instigaters polaris is quite beefy..
Um, We've had our Can-Am since we bought it, over a year ago. It's never had ONE problem. My dad rides it. I ride the KQ. One time I wasn't paying attention and rammed into the back of his quad while he was at a dead stop...His bike was flawless, mine needed new plastic/racks ( Though we were able to bend the plastics back into shape ). Not to bash the KQ, as I LOVE it; its a GREAT machine. But the Can-Am is definitely not a toy..

And we've never had any major problems with the KQ either for the record, besides oil; but we havnt check it out much yet..

Old 01-11-2007 | 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

glad u like it. thats why this county is supposed to be free. we have the right to choose. thats what u choose. and its ur right. and glad u have luck with it. this is why we have so many things to choose from. people dont like yamaha. ive had great luck with my yfz 450 my grizzo. and now hopefully my new one. and all my yamahas in the past. and also ive had luck with my kawisakis suz. and hondas. ive had in the past. but this is why theres all these manufactures. so we can choose what we want. we also have the right to voice our opinions. wich opinions are like a holes. we all have them. we all like something different. guess thats what makes this country so great. we can go out and buy just about any thing we want. providing we have the money.. thats the bummer. so many great toys.. and alot of times. just not enough money to get these great toys.. the difference between men and boyz.. the price of there toys. heck look at me. i dont even have a king quad. but ive ridden them. both my friends. u can just tell by looking at them. they are good. and by riding them. i know they are good. but i like my yamaha better. but ive grown up with yamaha. but again. thats my choice.. so im glad u like ur can am.. its always nice when u get somthing. and then u like it. theres nothing worse then buying something. then not likeing it. so id say u did good. GOD BLESS THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!!

Old 01-11-2007 | 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

oh by the way. i see u have a blaster. got one of them too. a 2000. was my wifes. wich i have no wife any more.. thank god. i dont ride this one. but its been thru alot. and even though. they are a cheaper atv. and maybe some call them throw away. its been a tough little ride. got some go fast mods done to it. and it is one little wheely machine.. i dont know if i should sell it. or just give it to my soon to be x wife.. man i like that word. x wife. had two of them. never again.. now i have room for more toys.. and ride any time i want to.. may get lonely sometimes. but riding takes that away.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] yes instigater you are welcome.. what did i say.. i must have been in a daze. or smelled too many exhaust fumes. did i say your quad was tough? did i really.. oh man what did i do? why why did i do this? welp guess u better bring an extra sub the next time we ride.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2007 | 08:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im happy to see that you threw water on a thread that was going to burn out of control soon.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2007 | 08:58 PM
Range Rover

oh by the way. i see u have a blaster. got one of them too. a 2000. was my wifes. wich i have no wife any more.. thank god. i dont ride this one. but its been thru alot. and even though. they are a cheaper atv. and maybe some call them throw away. its been a tough little ride. got some go fast mods done to it. and it is one little wheely machine.. i dont know if i should sell it. or just give it to my soon to be x wife.. man i like that word. x wife. had two of them. never again.. now i have room for more toys.. and ride any time i want to.. may get lonely sometimes. but riding takes that away.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] yes instigater you are welcome.. what did i say.. i must have been in a daze. or smelled too many exhaust fumes. did i say your quad was tough? did i really.. oh man what did i do? why why did i do this? welp guess u better bring an extra sub the next time we ride.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
yeah I know that its a free country. But I prefer to back up my reasons too. Its cool. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Anyways, yeah people say Blasters are " too small, not fast enough, youll grow out of it "..I HAVE to race something that small by age, and I'm 6'1" around 200 lbs, but I have no problem zipping around on that thing. It makes me mad when people say how they are too slow or too small or something, and most of them have probably never rode one. And yeah, they're great with wheelies. They're 3rd only to Honda 300/400 ex's. But the light weight overall design & the nice-sized powerband makes it very very easy to wheelie. lol.

You seem like a pretty cool guy. Most people would keep arguing no matter what either person says ( and me being the same way I would probably do it too LOL ).

Old 01-11-2007 | 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

im not arguing. i just voice my opinion like everyone else does on here. like i say. there like a holes. we all have them. some good. some bad.. but we all have them no matter what. ill ride with any one. i dont care what any one has. we all are doing the same thing. headed for the same goal. we all love to ride. and thats the bottom line. we all are in this to fullfill our needs. and thats doing what we love..ride.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] as u can see in my name. guess it fits me. im a bit different. but not bad. and this weekend. ill be taking out some fits of rage during a hare scramble this weekend.. i think im going to run my new 07 grizzo. should be better then the 03. but the o3 has gotton me some 1st and 2nd place trophies. alot of fun. ive got a sickness that just wont go away.. but thats ok.. SEMPER FI CARRY ON[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2007 | 09:27 PM
Range Rover

im not arguing. i just voice my opinion like everyone else does on here. like i say. there like a holes. we all have them. some good. some bad.. but we all have them no matter what. ill ride with any one. i dont care what any one has. we all are doing the same thing. headed for the same goal. we all love to ride. and thats the bottom line. we all are in this to fullfill our needs. and thats doing what we love..ride.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] as u can see in my name. guess it fits me. im a bit different. but not bad. and this weekend. ill be taking out some fits of rage during a hare scramble this weekend.. i think im going to run my new 07 grizzo. should be better then the 03. but the o3 has gotton me some 1st and 2nd place trophies. alot of fun. ive got a sickness that just wont go away.. but thats ok.. SEMPER FI CARRY ON[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I know I was saying that you weren't arguing. Lol. Yeah I'm the same way, I'll ride with anybody, I just like to ride. ( Though there are brands that I will NOT buy lol ) Thats cool, what state do you live in? And what league you race in?

Old 01-11-2007 | 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Hey TrailxRider...........Yer like 35 mile west of me..........How's it hangin' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2007 | 09:38 PM
Range Rover

Hey, I'm good.

Where exactly you live, and ride at? We may have ridden together before.

Old 01-11-2007 | 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

well i used to roadrace motorcycles. last bike was a 99 yamaha r6. ran wera. glrra. and a local club fasttrax. i miss draggin my knees.. that was the best. all i have now. are my old leathers and helmet. and lots of pics and trophies. but at 1000.00 minimum race weekend. it got a bit exspensive. i havnt raced that in like 5 years. man do i miss it. id give any thing to race bikes again. but the price is just outrageous.. i live in ohio. and i used to go to atlanta to the gnf.. wera grand national finals. those were about a one week stay. and id spend in excess of 3500.00 bux.. so needless to say. those days are gone. and i miss them. but.. i run some harescrambles now. did some cra stuff. and some local hare scrambles here in ohio. i havnt done one in about 2 years. but its time to get back into them. i also fly giant scale gas planes.. aerobatic stuff. radio control. another hobby i have. that takes way too much money.. why is it, everything we like to do thats fun. costs soooo much dough.. i thought about taking up knitting. but im sure ud have to buy titanium needles or somthing. and that would be a bunch.. lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????