Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

What ATV absorbs pot holes,rocks,logs, the best

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What ATV absorbs pot holes,rocks,logs, the best

Sorry for the stupid question but Yamaha sales Yamaha, Honda sales Honda what dealers sale Can-Am Outlanders....???? If I was to look up dealers in the US what do I search for.....????? I know, I know .........ATV virgin..... :-)

Regards

Old 06-20-2007, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: btremont

Sorry for the stupid question but Yamaha sales Yamaha, Honda sales Honda what dealers sale Can-Am Outlanders....???? If I was to look up dealers in the US what do I search for.....????? I know, I know .........ATV virgin..... :-)

Regards</end quote></div>

BRP
http://www.brp.com/en-US/Products/CanAm/Showroom

Old 06-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks JNINSPECT ........... very much appreciated......I also found this link

http://www.powersportsnetwork....&sort=city&submit=Sort

Old 06-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: btremont

Thanks JNINSPECT ........... very much appreciated......I also found this link

http://www.powersportsnetwork....&sort=city&submit=Sort</end quote></div>

No problem! Anytime!
The link on your thread is for dealer finding.
If you google BRP you can get it for different countries they are all over the world!

Old 06-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer

I FINALLY DID IT.............. :-) :-)

I tried out the Polaries 500 Sportsman and anyone who said it has a great ride on this thread is right.... Fantastic ride.......... but I found this machine more like a small car, it was to wide and to big for my frame........... nice ride but....... NO...

Tried out the Can-Am Outlander 650 Max XT..........what a machine.........nice ride............ and everything else but way to expensive for my wallet..... hard to
explain to the wife that I am spending more money on a ATV than her car I bought her.... hope she does not read this thread..... :-) :-)

Tried also the Honda Rincon but I hate to be a trader BUT.........................

OK I TRAVELED 6 HOURS TODAY 3 HOURS THERE AND 3 HOURS BACK....
I BOUGHT MYSELF..... THE NEW SPECIAL EDITION SILVER 2007 GRIZZLY 700 FI 4X4............................ OH MY GOD WHAT A MACHINE....... I WAS SMILING FROM EAR TO EAR ALL THE WAY HOME............ I WILL POST MORE LATER................. I AM GOING TO TAKE THIS BABY FOR RIDE.....LOT'S OF DAY LIGHT LEFT HERE.................

Thanks to all of you for your advice............... it was really, really helpful.....

will update more when I get back.................... HE HA, HE HA.... :-) :-)

Old 06-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer

OK what can I say .............. I AM IN LOVE................. what a great machine.. I was coming down a steep, steep hill and I did not even have to touch the brakes.......... very smooth..........lot's of power......my back and arms don't even hurt......... I MADE THE RIGHT DECISION...FOR ME....

Thanks all and happy ATVing............... :-)

Old 06-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm new to ATV's but I can share my recent experience. Last Monday, I bought a Can Am Outlander Max 800. I was looking for a 2 seater ATV for 99% trail riding with my wife. I also looked at the Polaris X2 and the Artic Cats. I immediately rejected the Artic Cat as it was EXTREMELY hard to steer and felt very heavy compared to the other two. Between the Polaris and the Can Am, the ride was very similar but the rear seat was much more comfortable on the Cam Am. Lastly, I was comparing 650's with the Cam Am and Artic Cat and a 500 on the Polaris. The difference with the Can Am engine was night and day. The power just never stopped. That was the clincher. Of course, the shop didn't have the 650 Max in Yellow but the DID have an 800 and they made me a killer deal so the rest is history.

I've only got 10 hours on it so far and it's a marvelous machine. The only potential downside is there is a lot of heat by your legs. I'm investigating things like Water Wetter and ceramic header coating to help. The heat bothers my wife more than me but I'd thought I'd mention it.

To sum up, I found the ride of the both the Can Am and Polaris to be very similar. They are both ultra smooth and soak up bumps easily. The Can Am had the lightest steering, most comfortable seats and best power so in the end, the decision was easy for us. Good luck!

Old 06-25-2007, 03:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm glad both of you guys got machines that you are stoked about.

That's all that matters.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nice....good choice on the Grizz 700...you won't regret that power steering.

Once all the manufacturers have power steering then I'll bet a lot more of the sales will go tomwards the companies with the faster engine, such as Can-am.

I still don't want to ride a Can-am cause I'm afraid I'll like the power too much.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Good to hear you found the quad for you... My buddy and I went riding yesterday. (his 06 660 and me on my 07 700) Where we rode, about 90% of everyone there was riding a honda... I would say, 15 hondas, 1 BF, 1 AC, 2 rhino's, and our 2 grizzlies... (there must be a good honda dealer around there or something...) Anyways, where we were riding, there's a lot of rutted out mud holes... and what I like to call Peanut butter mud... The SRA's of course had problems because of the ground clearance... the Rincons had issues because they lacked diff-lock. There were a couple of holes that I barely made it thru, that the guy on the Rincon couldn't get thru because the tire on the ground that needed to grip never would move, while the one in the air was spinning like mad. We tried to get him to hold his front brake in a little, but it was too hard to try to rock and hold it in at the same time. Other holes that weren't even that bad he had difficulties with for some reason... my buddy and I would just crawl right thru them... Sadly, the one guy that was riding a Rincon said he shy'd away from the grizzly cause he had so many belt problems with his Polaris and he didn't want to go thru that again. All in all it was a good time... We made some new friends, we all got stuck and pulled each other out... and had fun doing it. If Honda ever goes to a diff-lock with that shaft drive and they get rid of that honda civic transmission... I might be switching... (course I haven't gotten a drop of water in my belt yet on this new grizz... and yesterday I went deep enough in water for it to go over the front rack...

Just thought I'd share...

Quick Reply: What ATV absorbs pot holes,rocks,logs, the best