Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

What ATV absorbs pot holes,rocks,logs, the best

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 03:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What ATV absorbs pot holes,rocks,logs, the best

was that a 07 Can-Am or an earlier Bomb model!

Old 06-13-2007, 04:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I want to say it was an 05, but I'm not sure...

Old 06-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: btremont

Excellent.

I presume the test ride was impressive, then?

In any case, what matters is that you got the machine that best meets your needs and tastes.

I hate to see anyone get a machine they aren't happy with, so it's good to see you did your homework reasearcing forums and taking the time to test ride various machines in the class you were looking at.

Go out and have fun with the new Polaris.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the test ride was impressive..........The Yamaha Grizzly is a great machine it really is......... Next week the new Polaris............ But I do have to say that my first love has always been a Honda..... but the Yamaha is winning me over slowly and surely............. but than I still have to test drive the Honda.........

I am having the time of my life doing this............it's like being a kid again in a candy store....... :-) :-) :-)

Ok I don't know if I should get into this but what the hell........... I can't believe this I live in Canada and a new Yamaha Grizzly 700FI over here out the door cost $13,350.00 compared to $7,560.00 in the U.S.A...... yup I can almost get two for the prize of one...... has anyone else on this forum bought there Grizzly in the U.S.A....that's from Canada ???? That's all I can say is............. U.S.A HERE I COME........ I still can't believe the difference in prices........what's going on here........... ?????</end quote></div>

Hey, fellow Canuck, go to it! Mattinthehat did, and saved a bundle. (See his posts on this forum.) He drove down from Toronto and paid $8399 U.S. for a Can-Am Outlander 650 Max XT, a 2-up quad which I would definitly recommend over the Griz. Check out the Can-Am MSRP in Canada for this bike - it is over $4000 CDN more.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Trailblazer

Hey, fellow Canuck, go to it! Mattinthehat did, and saved a bundle. (See his posts on this forum.) He drove down from Toronto and paid $8399 U.S. for a Can-Am Outlander 650 Max XT, a 2-up quad which I would definitly recommend over the Griz. Check out the Can-Am MSRP in Canada for this bike - it is over $4000 CDN more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I can't believe how many people from my home town have actually bought ATV from the US. I hate to spend my money outside of Canada but come on a saving of $4000 CDN that's crazy...... and yes I have decided to put the Can-Am Outlander on my list for testing. I guess if your going to test you might as well test them all...............

Thanks for your post

Old 06-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

You are most welcome btremont. (I assume you are from the Toronto area?)

I was so impressed with the deal that Mattinthhat got I had a strong impulse to go down and buy the same bike (the 650 Max XT), but I'd have to find someone who was willing to buy my '05 Outy 400 Max XT for, say, $8000 CDN or so (since the new MSRP is about $11K CDN).

BTW, when you test drive the Outy, make sure and take a ride on the back, too - it is a surprisingly soft and comfortable ride. (Without exception, everyone I have met loves their Outy.)

Good luck!

Old 06-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

almost anything that has had the stock suspension thrown out and replace with some good Elka's or Fox Floats [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 300CC kind quad and USE the front diff lock MANY times....It is the only qaud to be able to pull logs in the woods using this feature.......others lose traction and one front wheel spins. It ISNT only when one wheel is in the air, its when the traction is weaker at one tire than the other also. If you guys have never driven an older king quad with the front diff locked you cant even begin to realize how much difference it makes, not only with one wheel in the air, but pulling heavy loads, on gravel, in mud, and going in reverse up hills with poor traction. With this quad locked it pulls like a little bulldozer, with it unlocked, it will spin both rear tires and ONE front wheel when it loses traction...YOU CAN FEEL THE DIFFERENCE..~~!!

Old 06-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kevint

I have a 300CC kind quad and USE the front diff lock MANY times....It is the only qaud to be able to pull logs in the woods using this feature.......others lose traction and one front wheel spins. It ISNT only when one wheel is in the air, its when the traction is weaker at one tire than the other also. If you guys have never driven an older king quad with the front diff locked you cant even begin to realize how much difference it makes, not only with one wheel in the air, but pulling heavy loads, on gravel, in mud, and going in reverse up hills with poor traction. With this quad locked it pulls like a little bulldozer, with it unlocked, it will spin both rear tires and ONE front wheel when it loses traction...YOU CAN FEEL THE DIFFERENCE..~~!!</end quote></div>
I pulled Pine Logs out with My 400 Can-Am Outty XT with ease like you know a whole pine tree in 30" to 40" inches round 8ft to 4 or 5 ft long as it got fatter! By myself in two hours with a tow/drag rope 12 ft long with hooks on the rope for quick connections!
I also sawed the logs during the same amount of time using my awesome an powerful Stihl Chainsaw!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

You are most welcome btremont. (I assume you are from the Toronto area?)

I was so impressed with the deal that Mattinthhat got I had a strong impulse to go down and buy the same bike (the 650 Max XT), but I'd have to find someone who was willing to buy my '05 Outy 400 Max XT for, say, $8000 CDN or so (since the new MSRP is about $11K CDN).

BTW, when you test drive the Outy, make sure and take a ride on the back, too - it is a surprisingly soft and comfortable ride. (Without exception, everyone I have met loves their Outy.)

Good luck!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I have not responded in awhile DAM WORK GETTING IN THE WAY OF PLAY TIME. But I guess if we did not work no play time.... :-) :-)

Acutally I live way up North and far away from Toronto..... but I visit often and Toronto is a great town............. Were would you ride if you lived in Toronto or surrounding areas......???? Here 15min and were in the wilderness......
Well today I got a little closer to my goal I sold my
2004 HONDA FOURTRAX RANCHER 4X4 ES, TRX350FE. I was asking $5,300.00 and I got $5,000.00.... I think I made a good deal..... I had no time to test anything out.......WORK......AGAIN.......hopefully this weekend....

Thanks for your post..........

Old 06-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have rode all kinds of ATV's . The 07 Outlander rode better than any other Quad I have ever ridden. My back does not hurt like it use too .Once you ride it over Potholes etc. for at least one day, you will never want to go back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: What ATV absorbs pot holes,rocks,logs, the best