Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

What ATV absorbs pot holes,rocks,logs, the best

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What ATV absorbs pot holes,rocks,logs, the best

Excellent.

I presume the test ride was impressive, then?

In any case, what matters is that you got the machine that best meets your needs and tastes.

I hate to see anyone get a machine they aren't happy with, so it's good to see you did your homework reasearcing forums and taking the time to test ride various machines in the class you were looking at.

Go out and have fun with the new Polaris.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the test ride was impressive..........The Yamaha Grizzly is a great machine it really is......... Next week the new Polaris............ But I do have to say that my first love has always been a Honda..... but the Yamaha is winning me over slowly and surely............. but than I still have to test drive the Honda.........

I am having the time of my life doing this............it's like being a kid again in a candy store....... :-) :-) :-)

Ok I don't know if I should get into this but what the hell........... I can't believe this I live in Canada and a new Yamaha Grizzly 700FI over here out the door cost $13,350.00 compared to $7,560.00 in the U.S.A...... yup I can almost get two for the prize of one...... has anyone else on this forum bought there Grizzly in the U.S.A....that's from Canada ???? That's all I can say is............. U.S.A HERE I COME........ I still can't believe the difference in prices........what's going on here........... ?????

Old 06-09-2007, 06:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Are they talking metric money in Canada, or are both prices in US dollars?

Old 06-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer

$13,350.00 * Canadian $$$$$
$7,560.00 * US $$$$$

Old 06-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

A locker is one of those things you may never need, but that one time you do, your kicking your self in the pants

Old 06-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>A locker is one of those things you may never need, but that one time you do, your kicking your self in the pants</end quote></div>

yeah, kind of get your point. [sort of] like me wanting to be able to shift (the exception being I shift almost all the time). I wouldn't want to kick myself in the pants for giving that up.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I kind of get your point to.....mabey

Old 06-12-2007, 02:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Everyone just raves about the ride on my 07 Can -am Outlander 400XT .It rides more like a car . I have been riding for years an I love it!! You should test it! I know its a little more money but it is worth it compared to everything you get especially the extras an Quality with dependability of a Honda!

Old 06-12-2007, 02:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I got to ride an outlander 400 xt max earlier this year. It does ride nice, and the extra wheelbase didn't hurt it's ability in tight conditions as much as you would think. It's also suprisingly snappy, and you might not realize it was only 400cc unless someone told you.

At one point he got the machine hung up on rocks in a steep section, and it wouldn't move or spin the wheels at full throttle in low or reverse, which I wasn't too impressed with but I guess that's what winches, tow straps and buddys are for. By "steep" I mean an area like where another rider in the group flipped his Rubicon...

Later he left the parking brake on briefly, and then it had no brakes (leaking fluid out of the rear caliper). Not bashing Outlander as that was an operator error... We found a dealership, but they didn't have any parts on hand, so we blocked off the brake line to the rear brake so he could continue to ride.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Too bad you couldn't just not use that brake (and tape it off).

Old 06-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It has that linked brake system... The foot brake's master cyl went dry but the hand brake still kind of worked but leaked more fluid... Once he realized the brakes weren't working he just hung way back to avoid smacking into one of the other machines (again).

When I was looking at it, the little rubber cover over the bleeder just crumbled when I touched it. I don't know how long the parking brake got left on, but apparenlty it got hot enough to burn up the seal.

Quick Reply: What ATV absorbs pot holes,rocks,logs, the best