Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Arctic cat diesel atv

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007 | 03:27 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Arctic cat diesel atv

Diesel ATV hmm...Think I would like one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
but I would like to see it in action[img]i/expressions/camera.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2007 | 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

I've read reviews about it. It's obviously a work horse, not something that's gonna be tearing up the trails with blinding speed and scary acceleration. It is more of a tractor in ATV clothing. If you need it to do a lot of work, and have other machines around that run on Diesel, then it makes sense. One of the reviewers wrote that he was disappointed with the machine because it was sluggish, did not handle well, and weighed to much. To this I say "No ****, it's a Diesel." Just make sure that the machine matches your needs.

Old 09-24-2007 | 07:55 PM
|
Pro Rider

Well I got a diesel truck and its not a hot rod. but man that thing pull my stuff no problems. the reason i consider a diesel atv is the simplicity that diesels brings no spark plug to foul, no ignition to replace, and that wonderful sound that they make that sets them apart from gas quads. and I dont realy go fast when I'm on my quad no just cruise and enjoy the trails. also what Id like to know is how well would this atv do on hills. and no I wouldnt trade my sportsman for it. I dont think I'm ever going to part with my sportsman. I wish Polaris made a diesel atv

Old 09-24-2007 | 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not bad-mouthing it by any means. I'd love to have one. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it isn't a turbo-diesel. Now, if A.C. would run 30-psi into that thing, I bet it would really move!

Old 09-24-2007 | 10:23 PM
Range Rover

my friend ownes a cat dealership, and i asked about the diesel. i was told it was in fact slow, but was really strong. and it was a pretty decent ride (comfort). but they advised wait a year to see what bugs need to be worked out.

Old 09-25-2007 | 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

you know gt350tsc, polaris did have a deisel. it was a 455cc and it was out for i believe 2 yrs. i may mistaken on the yrs but 1997-98 sounds right. loud, smoked,and lots of vibration. 10 yrs later and cat decides to give it a shot. i dont think its gonna make it, but you never know.

Old 09-26-2007 | 12:31 AM
|
Pro Rider

The diesel sound and smoke is what I like about diesels. they just have such great low end power .

Old 09-26-2007 | 12:33 AM
|
Pro Rider

when I get a chance I'm heading out to check one out and see what it true colors are

Old 09-26-2007 | 03:53 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

I know a guy who has one. Speed wise it is the equivelant of a 400cc quad. It is louder of course, but pulls like no tomorrow. Main advantage is for farmers who have diesel fuel all around and don't want to mess with gas.

Old 10-03-2007 | 08:53 PM
Range Rover

I was riding in Harlan County Ky last weekend and met up with a group and one was riding a new AC diesel. He said it was awesome in the torque catagory but wouldn't win any speed contests. Top speed was about 43 mph. He was gonna try the Widowmaker hill on it later in the day, don't know if he made it. A Prarie didn't make it the night before and the guy took it home in a box. I did notice it will run on about 5 different types of fuel, on and off road diesel, biodiesel, JP 5, kerosene, and probably even used engine oil?? (military specs) He said there was a aftermarket turbo you could add, and it was really supposed to wake up the thing.

Quick Reply: Arctic cat diesel atv