Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Whats the best mud bogging atv

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best mud bogging atv

my experience.. and i ride a kawi now.. polaris sportsman is best stock in the mud--- those machines make a beginner looked experienced.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: duffus

my experience.. and i ride a kawi now.. polaris sportsman is best stock in the mud--- those machines make a beginner looked experienced.</end quote></div>

AC just came out w/ a Mudpro 700 w/ a 4.0 gear ratio, stock 28" outlaws and stock snorkel...If I even agreed with that comment (which I don't) this will blow it away.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

http://www.arctic-cat.com/atv/...&model=700H1EFIMUDPRO

Is what he is talking about

Old 06-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

based on your dealer choices, I would look at an AC (fuel injected model) or a kawi...

Old 06-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay. Now that AC has a true mud machine, it has to be the best stock ATV for mud bogging. That hog is 72 pounds heavier than the fat sow I have. I haven't needed snorkels on any of my quads but if I was racing in mud I would at least get them, a 6" lift and 32" tires. If you aren't getting into it that seriously, any 4x4 is fun to play in mud with, but the new AC would be the best.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

That A.C. is pretty sick if you're looking for a bone-stock mudder. Anyone know the msrp?

Old 06-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BradW

That A.C. is pretty sick if you're looking for a bone-stock mudder. Anyone know the msrp?</end quote></div>

$9,529. It was on the site where it shows all the specs. It's the very last thing they tell you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CraZySteve

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TLC

Big power,big tires and True 4WD. You just have to have that,its not a brand thing.</end quote></div>

Popo's have an AWD system that works quite good from what I have seen - though you don't get the Guarentee that you are in True 4x4 like with Yami, Kawi, Zuki and I believe AC.

Also stay away from the 3WD Honda's [img][/img]</end quote></div>

now that is crazy steve... the polaris system is the only true 4x4 system on the market without having to use the locker...

Old 07-03-2008, 11:34 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

A Polaris in AWD that spins in mud has to have all four wheels spinning or its considered broken. The AWD of the Polaris is like a locker but it can turn itself on and off in a micro second without input from the rider.

If you come to a long mud section on the Polaris you just enter it and exit it and keep going without doing anything. With a locker you have to stop at the beginning of the mud run and engage the locker than once you exit you have to stop again to disengage the locker.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TLC

A Polaris in AWD that spins in mud has to have all four wheels spinning or its considered broken. The AWD of the Polaris is like a locker but it can turn itself on and off in a micro second without input from the rider.

If you come to a long mud section on the Polaris you just enter it and exit it and keep going without doing anything. With a locker you have to stop at the beginning of the mud run and engage the locker than once you exit you have to stop again to disengage the locker.</end quote></div>

I totally agree with the above statement and yes the AWD on a popo is the ONLY true 4wd out there that doens not require a locker engagement....
I still have an 04.5 700 popo and it is a very good machine... I am really likeing this 08 outty very much also, and it does have a quicker engagement of the Visco lok on it that the previous years......

Quick Reply: Whats the best mud bogging atv