Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Suzuki King Quad 300

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-1999, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IT'S BACK!

I'm so happy!!!!

Looks good, too. The Suzuki dealer even put my winch on (promotional deal for $49.99, $75 labor).

ALL THE PARTS AND SERVICE, INCLUDING INSTALLING THE WINCH WAS LESS $970.00. Not bad considering what kind of tumbling it did down that hill.

If you see a very happy man on a King Quad 300, it's probably me!

Old 10-21-1999, 02:03 PM
Range Rover

Are you sure it won't be me (grin)?

------------------
Eric Baatz 1996 Suzuki KING QUAD Remember the KING Lives!!

[This message has been edited by ecbaatz (edited 10-24-1999).]

Old 10-25-1999, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

My chum has a King Quad and I used it myself. It truely is a very good machine. Another note though, the (comparitably) short wheel base of the King Quad, I find, does help to counter the engine being mounted closer to the rear , but when it decides to "pop up" it happens quick!

------------------
Ride the "WILD" country , South Gillies, Ontario, Canada

Old 10-31-1999, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

The King Quad 300 seems to like swimming! I went trail riding with MyScrambler, yesterday. Well, he has a 12 inch ground clearance with the biggest tires ever made by man, and his Polaris sat at least five feet taller than my King Quad... well maybe 18 inches anyway. Needless to say, MyScrambler took me to every deep puddle or pond he could find. His mighty, modified Polaris loved the water. MyScrambler crossed each body of water with his feet off the pedals, lifted up above the water at rack level. What a show-off! Well, I can't say I didn't get wet. I somehow sensed that my stock King Quad 300 would rather be at home sitting quietly in the yard, gleaming in the sun. I don't know what made me think that. Maybe it was the constant, gurgling sound of exhaust bubbles percolating up through the muddy water?! Well, after what seemed to be the 20th deep (and long) water hole, we made it back. I never had to use my winch, once, which sort of surprised me! MAX6X6 would have been proud of the King Quad, which definitely received its baptism yesterday.

Good riding!

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 10-31-1999).]

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 10-31-1999).]

Old 10-31-1999, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good post, Kclayd!

I disagree on one significant point, however.

You said, "MAX6X6
would have been proud of the King Quad, which definitely received its baptism yesterday."

I fear you credit Max6x6 with ecumenicity and tolerance far beyond his capability! Max6X6's credo of "Max uber alles" appears absolute, with no room for achievement by any other ATV, even a neo-amphibious King Quad (whose death he specifically seeks, by the way).

Tree Farmer

Old 11-07-1999, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

I have read posts about different ATV models. They usually feature technical advantages, or disadvantages as compared to other manufacturers or models. It is easy to get lost in the techno babble - sorry.

I'm doing something different here. I will say only one thing about the Suzuki 300 King Quad. I own one, and the more I drive it, the more I like it. How many other utility ATVs can you say that about?

Old 11-13-1999, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

Had a blast! This has been a fun week! I pulled two quads out of messes, one in a deep creek, and the other in deep mud. I also winched myself out of a hidden bog (covered with leaves). The King Quad sank about 2 feet into some type of nasty, smelly, dark mud, and not even differential lock could budge me, so I used my $49.95 winch which came with the Quad. Pulled me out and made me a happy guy! One thing, though, it is not real easy to clean up. Nasty!

Old 11-13-1999, 08:05 PM
Range Rover

"I will say only one thing about the Suzuki 300 King Quad. I own one, and the more I drive it, the more I like it. How many other utility ATVs can you say that about?"

There is one other utility ATV you can say that about. The Suzuki Quadrunner 250 4x4 (king quads little brother.) My dad has one of these and I can't say enough good things about it.

------------------
Duncan Currie

'94 Warrior w/K&N Filtercharger, Jet Kit, Supertrapp Racing Series

Old 11-20-1999, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Another great thing about the King Quad is the winch special. For $49.95, you can get a 2,000 lb. winch. Installation is about $75.00, unless you want to do it yourself.

I got my winch about 3 weeks ago, and I have had a blast using it since. I have pulled a 300EX out of a mudhole, a Polaris Sportsman out of a stream, and I have extricated my trusty King Quad from a hidden mud bog, and a nasty, murky creek bed.

Another good thing about a winch is it improves your confidence. I hit a big water hole beneath a steep bank, knowing that if I did not make it, that I could winch myself out. It was a no lose situation. If I made it, everyone would be impressed with the King Quad as super quad. If I didn't, then they would be impressed with the way it could winch itself out of a bad situation. Well, I plowed into the deep water hole and hit the bank hard. I had it in Super Low (3rd gear) and Differential Lock, and the King Quad climbed out of the water hole up the steep, slippery bank. Very impressive! (It surprised the hell out of me!)

Take advantage of the special. You can pay for it by taking the ATV course. Suzuki will pay you $50.00 to take the course if you have previously owned an ATV, and $100.00, if you have not. Pretty cool!

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 11-20-1999).]

Old 11-28-1999, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to adjust my shocks. The dealer has them set on soft. I saw another King Quad set on the hardest setting, and it must have had 2 more inches of clearance. After riding at Tasker's Gap (Va), I was convinced that those 2 inches would make it a lot easier on the skid plate.