Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

snowplow for rancher

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-1999, 11:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello guys can anybody help me with the purchase of a snowplow. who makes
a good one for the money.and that works good.
thanks

Old 11-12-1999, 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Not a guy, but I can help. I have a Moose plow on my Foreman 400 with a Warn winch since I had trouble lifting the lever with my left arm. The plow works great, though you have to remove the belly pan to make it fit. The little pin that holds the plow at an angle isn't very strong, so be sure the bolts are tight so there's no play in it.

Cycle Country also makes a decent plow. Go with whichever brand you can get replacement parts for.
Jennifer in Vermont

[This message has been edited by JennJenn (edited 11-14-1999).]

Old 11-14-1999, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think i can help, I just recently purchased a polaris magnum 325 4x4, and i bought a moose country plow, i have had akot of plows for my atvs and trractors and trucks, this has to be the heaviest plow i have seen for an atv yet, i can't wait to try it. We don't have any snow yet here in PA, but ihope we get some soon

Old 11-17-1999, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer

Are all of you guys (ladies included in the general use of the term guys) buying your blade/winch from your local dealers or out of a catalog.

I will be needing a blade/winch before winter and have done a lot of research both here and outside of this forum and it sounds like the Moose is hard to beat. I have a Cycle Country "Rough Cut" mower and love it, but I think Moose has the edge on the blades.

I have priced a winch/blade combination through several local dealers and WOW does the price vary. I have found several providers of winches on the Internet at competitive prices, but very few blades. I know shipping will be expensive, but you will have to pay the dealer to get the blade shipped in as well.

Here is what I have found thus far for the winch I want. A Warn A2500 winch with mounting bracket for a 98 Grizzly 600 for right around $355.00 including shipping. The local dealers all belly ache that this price is to low and they can't compete with that kind of pricing.

I will probably be ordering one this week via this manner and installing it myself before I pay a dealer 35% more just to get it locally. I think (I hope) I will be able to install it ok.

Has anyone out there bought a blade via this manner, if so who was able to give you the best price? I am looking real strongly at the Moose Country Plow in a 60" flavor. I believe the Grizzly should be able to push the bigger blade ok.

Awaiting Your Reply
Allen L. Grooms
98 Grizzly 600 - 1200 miles