Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Hummer of ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2000, 10:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome responce!!! Jwestner pretty much said what i couldn't say (or spell for that matter.) Max lives in a little world where everything is perfect and the max does it all perfectly. do they call u james bond there too max? or is that only in the old forums?

------------------
If your not living life on the edge, your taking up to much room! Evan Johnson

Old 01-05-2000, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

Maxx,Since you've obviosly couldn't stick with well thought out responses dealing only with experiances and riding stories like everyone applauded you for.Everyone was finnaly starting to talk to you as an adult and have positive comments towards your posts ,I now give up on you,you are truly stuck in your ways.I still give your maxx credit for best snow mud and water conditions only for the reason that I'm not stubborn like yourself and can admit a good quality that another type of ATV possess without the fear of reproach on myself.Anyone of decent knowledge of mechanics and true "experiance" in the offroad field would come to the same conclusion being:
1.6 wheels provide more flotation than 4 giving both machines are within the same weight range.This is obviosly why a maxx is better in snow.

2.True 6 wheel drive is a better advantage than true 4 wheeldrive of the polaris and 3 wheel drive of all other makes in a mud situation(IN THEORY)however the lack or ground clearance your particular maxx possess would lead me to believe that a mud hole that has zero amount of water on top would allow your maxx's belly to drag therfore spinning your tire out until you have 6 holes under your maxx leaving it suspended in mid air (good time for a tire rotation though)

3.Obviosly the amphibios part of your maxx is a different sport all together thus leaving it non applicable for comparirson.WHY?Because ATV stands for ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE the key word being "TERRAIN",Water is not terrain period,unlike your posts I have proof.Websters dictionary defines TERRAIN as "a stretch of "LAND",with regard to it's features.Now since your brain is working extra hard to find fault with this I did you a little favor!YES MAXX I looked up "land" in websters dictionary and guess what the first sentance says LAND:the solid part of Earths suface,the part not covered by water or sea.Sorry maxx your bubbles busted your amphibios bath tub can no longer be considered in the same class as our quads therfor you can't use the selling point that yours is better than ours because ours was meant for all terain,and yours it meant for amphibios terrain.Its the same as us comparing your maxx to a hoovercraft theres absolutly no lake or mud or sand or mountain that a hoovercraft cant go over but it's a totaly differnt concept of your maxx therfore uncomparable!

4.There's absolutly no dought that any maxx is comparible to a quad in ride comfort theres no suspension what so ever you claim that the tires are you suspension,however tires are tires.....suspension is suspension we atvers are not convinced this could'nt possibly be comortable let alone sufficient for a half day trek.We too have tires as a matter of fact most of our tires are bigger than yours and carry the same psi and with thoughs tire we have suspension which is still sometimes not enough after a days ride to dampen the effects of four wheels hitting objects let alone 6 wheels hitting objects.

5.Speed! although not important to everyone you say 30mphs is enough however I must argue 2 things.First you have the smallest engine availble for the maxx 14hp,Every maxx web site and spec sheet says the maxx top speed is 20-25mph is your maxx on steroids?Second I do a trek monthly from Lake Pleasent AZ to Crown King AZ it a well known and reconized trail for atvs and trucks,any way its 140 mile round trip and I do it in about 4 hours .Your maxx is only stable at speeds of 20mph on flat terrain this is pure mountains however I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and say you'll go 20mph that would still take you 7 hours to complete.YES SPEED DOES MATTER TO THOSE WHO ARE TRUE XPLORERS!!!!!

6.I just realize you wont give a sh*t what I'm saying because you havent changed and you'll just write back some 16yr old smartas* remark, And I have a beautiful wife calling me to come to bed !!!!!!!!
P.S How does your maxx ride sideways between two trees when your plastic sticks out further than your tires??Your plastic would hit before your tire had a chance to bank up the tree.Somethings fishy here!!

LATER ATVERs!

[This message has been edited by xplorer (edited 01-04-2000).]

Old 01-05-2000, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

And 8 wheel drive is better than 6. But, don't tell max that.:0)

Old 01-05-2000, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

8 wheel drive would be better but since is is only 4, it is not. Max will always rule over every other ATV.

**** off.

Old 01-05-2000, 03:47 PM
Range Rover

Xplorers, you made some great points there. Maybe you should be a lawyer!

------------------
If your not living life on the edge, your taking up to much room! Evan Johnson

Old 01-05-2000, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer

I have to agree with xplorer. I liked the stories, the photos, etc., of Max slogging through the mud. Hell, I'd like to see much more of that from everyone. I hope I can provide some funny pics/stories when I get a chance.

Max crossed the line when the attacks became personal.
When he refuses to admit that the Max II is the be all, end all of civilived all terrain travel, Houston, we have a problem. I didn't want to take credit or congrats for pointing out anything wrong with Max's posts. I was simply trying to steer him back in a more general direction towards ALL of us. Since I know what it's like to be 16, that was more than half a life ago for me, I also knew what it was like to be a know it all. Yet, I hadn't lived on my own or paid my own way for everything in life. amazing how fast things change when you're on you're own.

I do hope this forum as a whole can stop bickering so much and actually accomplish something: information exchange. Somehow...after doing this sort of thing for the past 6+ years, i doubt much will change.

Joe

Old 01-06-2000, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

I cannot believe max admitted the 8 X 8 rules max 6x6. Alert the media.

Old 01-06-2000, 01:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The Hummer is supposed to be rock solid tough, so all plushy suspensions, and push button doohickys aside, I say either the King Quad or the 400 Foreman. I'm not going to say Arctic Cat cause I have one and it would be bragging, I'm not saying polaris cause they aren't put together good enough, I'm not calling out any bears cause they have too much open space underneath the front (pet peave), No Kawasaki's cause they don't make the Bayou 400 anymore, No bombardiers cause do you even know more than 1 if anyone that has them, and no 450s or es cause they are just the pretty boy brother of old nasty himself.

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 01-06-2000, 03:27 PM
Trailblazer

Though they were discontinued, the HUMMER OF ATVs is the 350 Foreman. They are rock solid, made to last, and completly bullet proof. Dependable, reliable, they are hard to beat. That is my opinion on this thread.

Old 01-06-2000, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

If any thing is the Hummer of Atv's it is the 600 Grizzly, why do you think they call the grizzly the humbee. It is the closest looking to one. Come on guys, and is the most powerful atv out there, it isn't a boat with wheels.

Quick Reply: Hummer of ATVs