Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

RINCON vs 700 SPORTMAN!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RINCON vs 700 SPORTMAN!!!!!

I personally don't think the 700 Sportsman is any worse than any other machine out there. Of the 3 first-year Ranchers I know of, 2 had ESP problems, and the 3rd was recalled for bad welds. Does that mean that the first year Ranchers were 100% unreliable? Of course not, just had a few first year bugs to work out. All machines were repaired free under warranty, and are now going strong.

I guess I am trying to point out that almost all first-year machines will have some bugs.

Old 10-27-2002, 08:57 AM
Trailblazer

major foul for the rincon is the no low range. I have read of at least one man flipping his new rincon because it was in too high of a gear while downhilling. Its towing capacity is little more than half of what a sportsman has. Its not a true ute look at the front. I am sure it will have a bug or two exspecially with a completely new transmission and motor. If I wanted the biggest sport bike i would get the rincon. Its more like the sport utility trucks on the road all play and little work. How many people that you know use there sport utitliy truck for work. In summation, If you want to work your bike get a utility bike P650,Griz or Sportsman. If you want to play on a big bike get a rincon.

Old 10-31-2002, 10:47 AM
Trailblazer

the fact is................everything that the rinny can do, the 700 does much better.

Old 10-31-2002, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing a 700 can do better is wallow in the mud pits with the other ___s. If I had to buy a Polaris it would be a SP 500 HO. I think that is a OK machine. The 700 is over rated. If you want the smoothest riding best trail machine, buy the Honda, if you want to park it in the mud, get a 500 HO.

Old 10-31-2002, 08:12 PM
Range Rover

If you want to haul more, tow more, or just plain work more...get the Sportsman. If you mud ride/need the most ground clearance...get the Sportsman. If you ride in hilly or mountainous country, the Sportsman is a safer bike due to EBS(granted it is not the best EBS system out there, but it is a lot better than what the Rincon has to offer). If you ride in tight woods areas, both will do, but the Sportsman has a tighter turning radius(76in compared to 128in). If you want the luxury of in/out true 4wd(the Rincon is a fulltime 3.5wd machine. Also, 2wd can be a blast when things get greasy/icy)...get the Sportsman. If you are a an open trail speed rider, I am not sure what to tell you. The SP700 and the R650 have never officially been pitted against each other...Only hearsay at this point.

Odds are both machines will do everthing you need them to do, but the Sportsman will do them better.

If you can think of anthing the Rincon does do better please let me know. There's no question that it will do it, I just wanna know if it will do it better.
...Maybe water crossings, but the new belt housing snorkel on the Polaris goes clear up to the gas cap. Frankly, it would take a complete lack of brain cells to put yourself in that deep without expecting trouble.

Whatever you choose make sure it is the bike that best fits your needs. Heck, maybe the bike for you isn't either of these. Test drive, get brochures, spend some more time in the forums and choose wisely.
If I had to rank them:1st=SP700, 2nd=P650, 3rd=660, 4th=R650, 5th= Q650. All are good bikes but the SP700 best fits my needs.

Old 11-01-2002, 08:05 AM
Range Rover

Rincon=Overgrown Golf-Cart! I'm threw with Honda, its time to wake up Honda!

Old 11-05-2002, 06:59 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

Rincon has no EBS, no locker, no low range and drum brakes. The SP700 has all of these but lacks light weight and a fancy tranny. I'm not a big Honda fan (I admit it) but these two machines although are targeted at the same group of buyers have two totally different functions. The Honda seems to be more of a luxury ATV (kind of like an Acura) and the SP700 (is a Hummer) has a lot of plush but it backed up by more go for the rough stuff.

Old 11-06-2002, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

the 700 is heavy so i would think the ricon but they did not rate it that high in the articles they came away dissapointed with the new quad

Old 11-06-2002, 03:59 AM
Trailblazer

My bike is heavy cause its made for work. If you buy a work truck its heavy. Any truck made for towing bigger than the rest is bound to be near 4 tons. Any bike made for towing should comparably be heavier than the lighter duty machines. If you buy a work bike its heavy. Good bumpers. Great bash guards. Great tires. these things add weight. Not to mention heavy duty parts. Huge radiator. What do you want? Its made for hard labor.

Old 11-06-2002, 12:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a new Rincon and every ride it has been on has been with a friend's Grizzly 660, Prairie 650 and SP700 NONE of these machines have out performed the RIncon. The only real problem with the Rincon IS the lack of engine braking. THe machine has great lowend power. I run 26" Titan 589 M/Ss and have yet to stop them, en=ven in a hole that a stock SP700 couldn't spin his tires in. Now do I thik that the Rincon will spin 28" Outlaws as well as a SP700, NO. The SP700 is a great machine but the Rincon isn't a "terd" that some people are saying.

Quick Reply: RINCON vs 700 SPORTMAN!!!!!