Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

RINCON vs 700 SPORTMAN!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Want do u think is better beeteen this 2 atv.

Old 10-01-2002, 02:04 PM
Trailblazer

From what I have heard I would take the Honda right now but I have only seen one Rincon on the trails and there are lots of 700'S .It could be the Honda's small problems haven't surfaced yet.
I would wait if you could and watch the forums for problems. We know the 700 has had plenty.

Old 10-02-2002, 12:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

The new honda has no low range or a diff lock and is quite a gutless terd from what I have herd and seen. The polaris will blow it off the trail, road, mud bog or anywhere else for that matter. So will the grizzly and the prarie. The honda is at the bottom of the food chain, don't waist your money!

Old 10-02-2002, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

Personally I would go with the praire 650.... at least ride one.

The sportsman700 has had a number of problems (check out the polaris forum and you'll see for yourself)
The Rincon is nice but it has no real engine braking (that might not be crucial to you) I see that as a drawback

go ride all 4 (grizz, sp700,p650 and Rincon)

Old 10-02-2002, 05:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Polaris 700 ummm i don't really know about, though what i have heard about Polaris has been more defects than affects In my opinion i wouldn't get the Polaris 700 not just that i am a Yamaha man.The thing will always mess up with you it won't last as long as the over seas bikes will.Not dissing American Made Products or anything but its kinda true in atv wise.
To start with that thing ways 750 pounds or so thats bone stock. Now if you put tires on that thing good night might as well get a truck cause the weight diffrence will be about the same.I would pick the 500 H.O. or the upcoming 600 twin Sportsman over the 700 anyday but thats Polaris. The Rinicon I believe was made because all of the 4 wheel drive Honda Atvs are pure straight Utility and have absolutly no sport in them.Making them 85% work ethics and 15% trail or fun riding purposes.So in result Honda answered with a I believe a straight trail riding SPORT!! riding atv. Yeah they put 4 wheeldrive on it and everything even IRS, but dont let it fool you.When it comes to gettin down and dirty and getting through the bad stuff, I believe that the other big bores will make it over the Rinicon.And people ask why wasnt there a diff lock on the Rinicon, because they didnt want to put one up there.. Because the Rinicon aint really a mudding hard working Atv, its for the sport/trail riders. But durability I believe the Rinicon would outlast the 700 Twin Sportsman, but i wouldnt get either. I would go with the dominator tha Grizz[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2002, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

If you have lots of money (for when the warranty is up) and don't mind having your bike in the shop, or trying to fix rad hoses on your brand new $7000 ride, than get the polaris.

THe new honda will likely be far more reliable as is the rest of their lineup.

Old 10-04-2002, 04:14 PM
Trailblazer

BrewBear, The 700 comes with good tire (rawhide grips) while the yammi comes with onion skins. I don't see a problem with an atv being heavey. Polaris's are strong atv's. The first year run had problems just like the Grizz, boiling gas plus other problems. Polaris has addressed these problems in the following years, just as yammi has done.

45Honda, I don't know if any ute is better than another. It's a matter of preference. Decide what suits you riding needs best.

I don't think the Rincon is in the same class as a Sportsman so its tough to compare. I wouldn't classify a Rincon as a ute, so I wouldn't compare it to the Sportsman line. The Rincon is a first year run, so if I were looking at them I would wait and see what happens.

I've seen the Rancher and the Rubi in action. I think they are good quad as is the Grizz. I like the Grizz better because of the IRS. I ride a 500HO because I felt like I was getting more bang for the buck.

Old 10-05-2002, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

Since you asked this question in the utility section, I would say go for the Sportsman, it will work circles around the Rincon. Heavier payload, heavier towing capacity, grippier tires, true 4wd, and more weight add up to a better workhorse. I almost added the Sportsman also has low range, but from what I've seen the Rincon has adequate power without it, but may be hard to regulate a steady 3 MPH for spraying or chores like that.

If you asked this in the general discussion forum, it would be a toss up. They are both great machines, just made for different purposes. Some think the Rincon actually rides smoother, but at a cost of a little payload loss. Also, true 4wd is something most of us don't really NEED for trail riding, and less weight is always welcome when you are wrestling the machine between the trees.

They are built for 2 different tasks, the Rincon as a fun trail rider, that can do some work (it might almost be a closer comparison to a Scrambler with racks, but I am sure a Rincon would outwork a Scrambler) and the Sportsman is more a pure 'get you there in comfort' machine that can haul or pull a big load, that just happens to be pretty fast.

Farmr

Old 10-05-2002, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

The sport-ute's (rincon, sp700, grizz.........) can all do all the work that you'll ever need to do. Dads 300 honda, in some peoples opinion, wouldn't work with the big quads, but we have towed full size trucks up hills, outta holes, etc. so if it can do this than i think any 600+cc quad will have no problem doing any chore that you throw at it. The SP700 is a nice ridding ATV, and the 2 that i ride with have had "ZERO" problems. They service them every so often, not letting anything get worn too much, therefor they don't have any major problems with theirs. When they mud ride they stop when they're done and clean the mud out from around their drive shafts, and the Rad, just little things like that will keeps a quad working longer with less problems.

I've only seen one rincon (in canada) the local honda dealer went to the states and got a green one, it has 27" mud bugs on it and looks sweet! I wish i knew the guy, because when i saw him at the Rally i could have driven it. ah well i'll ride one soon enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2002, 07:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 700 has a lot of reliability issues, as evident by the discussion in the polaris forum. the rincon isnt bad, but isnt much of a work horse.

if you are looking at the sporty side of utilities, go with the prarie 650 or the grizzly 660. if you want a work machine, take a look at the polaris sportsman 600 or 500ho. the grizz is also a great work machine with excellent low end. the honda foreman is not really in the same league as these others.

Quick Reply: RINCON vs 700 SPORTMAN!!!!!