Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Attended the ATV RiderCourse!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attended the ATV RiderCourse!

I took this course with my brother a few months after we got our AC's. We'd certainly had some riding time on them by then, but the concepts in the class were very helpful nonetheless.

I purchased a SP90 for my son at the same time but he could NOT take the course because Polaris doesn't support it. The local Polaris dealer didn't even have facilities set up for training. When I asked him about it he said "I suppose we could set some cones up in the parking lot."

When the ASI class was offered, I asked if my son could attend. They said it'd cost me $70 to have him with so I passed. Instead I paid close attention to what was taught and then spent time instructing my sons on my own, even setting up some of the same riding courses presented in the class.

These classes won't make you an expert rider, only experiance will do that, but they will teach you some pretty important fundamentals. I don't let anyone ride my machines without passing on at least some of the information I learned in this course.