Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Pics of Rancher winch mount?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 12:30 AM
CB
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of Rancher winch mount?

I was wondering if anyone had any close-up pictures of their winch mount for a Rancher 4x4. I'm thinking about making my own winch plate, so any pics of either factory or home-made plates would be great. Thanks ya'll.

CB

Old 02-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: CB
I was wondering if anyone had any close-up pictures of their winch mount for a Rancher 4x4. I'm thinking about making my own winch plate, so any pics of either factory or home-made plates would be great. Thanks ya'll.

CB

This goes for me too. I was helping my friend try to mount a Warn 2500 lb winch to his '04 Rancher AT. There doesnt seem to be enough room for the winch to fit behind/beneath the headlight boxes. If anyone has done this before please let me know what you did.
Thanks,
Flux

Old 02-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yep, it won't fit behind the headlight.......It would have been nice to see that in the instructions that came with my mount.....But you can take off the back cover to the head light and it will fit......When I took off my cover it was loaded with dirt and sand so I know it was never sealed so I just left it off, and the dude at the dealer said it was fine to leave it off......Now I know the 400 and 350 ranchers are slightly different (frame wise), I had my winch installed on a '04 350 2x4 Rancher and the winch would rub on the cover, But on my '04 AT the cover had to come off.........But I really don't like leaving parts of my wheeler so I am going to make me a new plate so that I can put my cover on....They had plenty of room to drill the mounting hole's a half inch closer to the top of the plate.....If you would like I can try to post fome pic's of mine....Since I am only dealing with a half inch I can't drill new holes next to their holes because I am afraid it will weakin the plate.....So, it's time to brake out the diamond plate...HEHE.....BTW my winch plate is an Aluminum Products.....

Old 02-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also have the Aluminum Products mounting plate. My ramsey would not fit with the headlight cover on either. I took off the headlight cover and installed the mounting plate and winch. All I did was trim the headlight cover with a sharp knife and dremmal and reinstalled it. I also do not like to leave parts off of my bike. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey ranchin.. I'd like to see the pics.. can you email them to pappascw@hotmail.com

Thanks
Chuck