Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

best low speed pulling lagre ATV ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default best low speed pulling lagre ATV ?

I think for pulling at a steady low speed, the Rubicon would do an excellent job because of the transmission. The Rubicon actually has 15 forward speeds and is an automatic. A heavy load at a steady speed, low range and ESP works great.

From reading the forums, low sppeds and belts don't mix too well. I am not the expert on belts, never had one and never will.

Old 04-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wearesane I do get the big picture{Canda sucks}And your right we do BUY alot from you.When your Natural Resoures Minister called Bush a failed staresman.And your Foreign affairs Minister-Billgraham said he sees nothing wrong with Saddam Hussein.Your right maybe we should just go over there and give them a big hugg that well make it all better.Canada wants a the benefits of being our neighor but when it comes time to act like a friend you people always come up short.After were done kicking *** over there you canadas can go over a plant flowers or something.

Old 04-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Well for slow pulling work you want weight and gears, the two most critical areas. Belts will not work as good as gears, never will be, NEVER! Weight will help you move heavier loads from a stand still and help you keep them moving. Also disc brakes front and rear and very nice to have, they seem to stop and last longer than drum brakes, but drums will last a long time if taken care of.

The Arctic Cat 500i has weight, gears and disc brakes. This is the quad to get if your pulling on dry land. If your pulling through mud then you will want an automatic quad, probably a Polaris 700 or a Praire 650, they have lockers, weight and power for muddy pulling. They are also much sportier and more enjoyable.

The comfort level on the Polaris 700 and Arctic Cat 500i are about the same. So decide on what your really going to use the ATV for and pick.

Old 04-02-2003, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

Bill 35 your so silly. Do you ever wonder why the U.S has such a bad rep around the world? During WW II a lot of Canadians died in D-day but somehow that never gets mentioned. Remmeber history is written by the Victors. Did you ever stop to think of the reason for such a large Offensive milatary that the U.S posesses. I do feel very sorry for the victoms of 9/11 it was a terrible thing to have happened. Do you really think that this is a war on Terrorism? Good selling point considering recent events. It wouldn't take much to sell that to a public that is hurt and angry but maybe cheap oil is really what they are after. If the U.S Gov. is really worried about people then why not do something about Seirra Lione In Africa were they cuts the hands off of five year old kids. Now I wish that you did not have to bring borders into it but the thought that you might be wrong just is not occuring to you is it. Your right you do BUY a lot of goods from us but did you ever stop to think were a lot of the oil in the U.S comes from... Now if they hike the price or refuse to sell that could cause a energy problem for the U.S ... think that might be a good reason to go to war? Ever wonder why a lot of the U.S. citizens are against the war? Its not the American people that the people in the Middle east dislike it is the American Gov. There is nothing wrong with being patriotic but blind patriatism is just as bad not accepting responsibility for past deeds. To think that your mighty U.S could stand with out the products of other countries is iggnorrant. Even Harley Davidson manufactures in other countries to save cost and then assembles in the U.S. If you are angry at Canada then I feel bad for you ... after all we did not send your troops to war your Gov. did.

However to get back to the topic Chuckinnc did you ever consider the Honda 450 S ... Very reliable with lots of torque.

Old 04-02-2003, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

weAREsane,

I don't think you know as much as you think you do about the relationship between our countries. With that said, let's stop pointing fingers at our countries (especially at a time of war).

Bill35,

I am just as patriotic as you or anybody else, but you must admit you are pretty shallow to think that in order to be patriotic, you must ban any and all imports into the us. Read the tag on your jeans for example. "Hecho en mexico" means made in mexico and Tiawan is not a city in California. Sure, I am patriotic but I am also happy to tell you that my kawi will walk all over you POS polaris.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

chuckinnc,

Whatever you do, don't get a polaris.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2003, 05:49 AM
Trailblazer

Trailburner,

I agree with you on two things

1) Now is not the time to be bashing each other and

2) Polaris are POS!

Ha Ha Ha!

Old 04-02-2003, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider

trailburner your right you cant buy things just made in America but I do try my best...And as far as Canada gos Ive been up there many but they will get no more of my money.And if it was free oil we wanted wearesane we would just come up there and take yours for free.We dont need your help thats for sure just stop shooting of your mouths about the US. Bill35 p/s and as far as WWII gos you werent helping the US that was France ....

Old 04-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

Its people like Bill35 that give USA a bad name. Just from the way you talk about how you could just come up here and take our oil proves how you think you and your country are above everyone. You really should try to represent your country a little better and stop creating a stereotype for all americans.

Old 04-02-2003, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

Your right that was a smart *** thing to say and maybe I shouldnt have said it.But it just pisses me off hen people say the wars just about oil....But thats ok you guys up there just keep passing out them feel good huggs well take of people like saddam hussein....Bill35

Old 04-02-2003, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

And one more thing please go to this Canadan web-site and read a few pages http://www.iht.com/articles/91770.html youll all be on food stamps befor it over....

Quick Reply: best low speed pulling lagre ATV ?