Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New Place to Ride in Mississippi

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 09:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Place to Ride in Mississippi

This is great we finally have someone tring to give us a place to ride. Sound like its going to be a great place, we just have to past the word around. I think if more people now that we have some place to ride the atv world will go crazy. Thanks for puting it on the site i"ve been looking for place to ride. Is it ok to go and check it out on the week day. Will there be someone there to talk to. Just want to check it out. i work alot of weekends.

Old 06-01-2003, 02:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi all
Unfourtunatly, right now we are not opening up on weekdays. There are only a few of us running it right now and we all have day jobs, and familys. We are cutting and widening trails on the weekends. Things are going pretty well. We made a pretty good trail today because business was slow (One 4x4 truck and four ATVers). We are hoping for more tomorrow. If things pick up the owner will eventually pay someone to open up during the week. Right now all of the proceeds are going to go back into the park and recoup what the owner has spent on dozers and such. The place has tremendous potential. I am involved not for pay but to ensure I have a safe, fun and legal place to take the family.
The owner is looking to buy a dozer so we can build, restore and change some jumps for you sport ATVers. I'll let you know when this happens.
The folks that started the park are planning a 4x4 Jamboree for sometime in September and an ATV Jamboree sometime after that (tentativly). Again I'll keep you posted.
Right now there are some pretty good trails, good swimming and more mud than you can imagine (bring a winch or a buddy with one, I'll be getting one on the Rancher this week!)
As for the sandbars you can ride on them but they are not real real big. Its a wicked place to camp though. Red Creek is a beautiful creek and just begs to be jumped in after a dusty and muddy ride.
Right now there is no running water or 'tricity so pack some in if you plan on staying the night.

I'll be there at 0900 in the morning!

Old 06-01-2003, 02:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] see ya soon.

Old 06-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Missgirl, I made a mistake. That map of Bethel that I e-mailed you is the bicycle trails. The ATV trails are in a different place. I found that out when I went there, but it would be better to ignore Bethel anyway. I'm not planning on going back.

Old 06-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Range Rover

RebelDs what happen why are you ignoring bethel. Did something happen?

Old 06-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

You can ride there, but to me, it wasn't fun at all. The trail was too narrow and wasn't enough room to ride. The trails are long, but half the time you are just trying to ease around trees. It was more work than fun and no challenging terrain

Old 06-01-2003, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer

Rebel, you talking about Bethel or Red River Creek?

Old 06-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Trailblazer

This sounds cool, I talked to Brian down at Coast Cycle when I was buying my new ride (KFX 400). I'd like to see if I can't get up there this weekend coming up. Are they going to offer a membership instead of paying everytime I ride? I'd like to form a club to buy into which would help maintain the area and help build it up. I have alot of friends that ride dirt bikes/atvs from Keesler AFB....word of mouth is really good on base, which can help your cause out too. Like was stated earlier, I'm always looking for new places to ride. Is there any good jumps there, thats what my friends are realy looking for...ALOT of area for jumping!

Old 06-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah they are going to have a membership, 300 for a year, or 60 bucks and 5 dollars each time you come. What ya do on Keesler? I am there as well in the Comm Sq

Old 06-01-2003, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

OpalGTman, I was talking about Bethel not being fun to ride in. I've always wanted to go to Bethel, but after going, I suppose it's my last time. I can't wait to try that place in Wiggins.

Quick Reply: New Place to Ride in Mississippi