Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New Place to Ride in Mississippi

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 12:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Place to Ride in Mississippi

Hello Riders!

We had 5 ATV riders show up today at Red Creek. Its slow but we"re gettin' there. We had a Prarie 660 get so stuck today that two 3000lb wenches couldn't pull him out. (I go around those holes) Hope to have pics of that soon.

Go to this site if you want to see some pics of what went on last weekend. Not too many ATVs mostly Jeeps in the pics but ATVers seem to have just as much fun.

http://www.gulfcoast4x4s.com/red_creek_off_road.htm

Bernie

Old 06-02-2003, 01:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi B4Thunder

I've spent approximatly 30 total hours out there this week building new trails and riding some of the old ones. That I can recall there are 2 pretty good places out there you can jump. They are basically craters in the sand you can go down one side and up the other. I got a little air on the Rancher in one today. One is in the road and the other is on the sandbar. They may be more and I haven't run across them yet and there are definitly plans to build dunes so you guys can jump. Its just a matter of time (the owner is looking into buying a dozer and trackhoe) before some are built.

Are you military out here at Keesler. Thats where I live. I am a military instructor out here.

Bernie

Old 06-02-2003, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

I work out of the 738th EIS (2E6x2 Ant/Cable)...you know the unit not many people know is there! lol! I've seen a Chevy truck running around base with a 250 EX (yellow), I was going to talk to him and see where he rides. I drive the red Lightning on base (with the cowl hood) its the onlyone on base so you can't miss me...if you see me flag me down, I'd like to talk to you all.

I found a place out there at the Woolmarkt exit around 3-4miles north of 10. Its on the left hand side under the power lines. I went out there with a couple of guys from my shop and we we jumping the small hills out there. Its a cool alternative to the sawdust piles (which all we ride is the sand pit).

$60 and $5 to ride isn't bad, like I said I'll see if I can hit it up this weekend. I wish I could convince my unit to let us "train" on our trencher/backhoes out there at the new spot....we could definitely make some jumps with the machinery we have.

Old 06-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

awesome mike....as i have said before im in the navy headin to the seabee base in gulfport so appreciate the help so much.....will def have to ride together

Old 06-03-2003, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

hey thunder....im coming down there for house hunting in july....we are gonnabe lookin in ocean springs is that a pretty nice place to live?

Old 06-03-2003, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

B4THUNDER,
I am in the CS. Maybe we can get together sometime. The sawdust piles are pretty fun and the Red River Creek is a blast. I have a few friends with some bikes and we are planing on going pretty much every weekend somewhere to ride.

Old 06-03-2003, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

B4THUNDER,
If you are going out there this weekend, a friend and I are planing on stopping by as well if you wanna follow us to find out where it is at.

Marc

Old 06-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Range Rover

opelgtman how do you get to the saw dust piles i live in gulfport?

Old 06-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Range Rover

rebelds could you send me the right trails to bethal for atv riding

Old 06-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

MISSGIRL

To get to the saw dust piles just head north on 67 and hang a right on Lamey Bridge road. Go down for maybe 3-5 miles and it's on your left. If you get to Chester's Auto Body you have gone to far. Hope that helps

Quick Reply: New Place to Ride in Mississippi