Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New Place to Ride in Mississippi

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 11:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Place to Ride in Mississippi

There is a new place to ride in southern Mississippi (Red Creek Off-Road Park). It is an up and coming park that is open to the public. If participation goes well there will be about 1200 acres of trails. It is open to SUV's and ATV's. There was no charge for entrance this past weekend and 220 vehicles showed up. The price is $10 for ATV's $20 for SUVs with discounts to members. This place has a great deal of potential! For more info email me at berniewindham@aol.com.

Bernie

Old 05-28-2003, 07:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Do you have any pictures? Whats it like, mud, sand, dirt pit, trails?????

Old 05-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't have pics yet. I will running the gate this weekend so I'll try to get some. There is LOTS of mud. Quite a few trails with more to come. It is bordered by Red Creek so there are a couple of nice sandbars to chill on and do some swimming. Tent camping is allowed. If the place generates enough interest the owner is going to build a place for campers and cabins.

The place is not far from Bethel trails. Its off of Hwy 15 in Stone County about 4 miles.

Bernie

Old 05-28-2003, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

Get ready for some emails Mike. Since they closed RSB and are looking at closing Tiger Creek
most riders are looking for new homes. Is Red Creek open during the week or just the
weekend. As soon as we can I am sure there will be several of us to make a run down.
Sounds like ya'll are off to a good start. We will try to get the word out about what's going
on. Let us know of anything else happening down there. RIDE ON

Old 05-28-2003, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

I know that I'm interested and want to go down there. I'll be in Wiggins this weekend, but camping and fishing at Flynt Creek. But I do want to check it out soon.

Old 05-29-2003, 01:48 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah this place is going to be awesome. Just to show you what kind of people that they are, I went there last Saturday and told them I had a three-wheeler. They had a bridge going over the river set up for a four-wheeler. The guys running the place are going to make it so that I and other three-wheeler riders can cross over the river as well. They are very friendly and cool to chat with. I am injured but still plan on just going out to sit at the gate and meet people and give a hand this weekend. So come on and check it out, this place is going to be a blast. No pun intended for you blaster owners.

Old 05-29-2003, 02:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Right now there are no plans to open it during the week. Right now there are only a few folks that are working the gates and taking applications, 3 in fact and we work during the week. I'll be there at 9AM Saturday though so pack a cooler and come on out and play. The more participation the owner gets the more money and trails is willing to put on the place.

Old 05-29-2003, 02:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Here are the directions:

From I-10 take Hwy15 north about 20 or so miles (Stone County) Take a right onto Vestry Road. Go down about 4 miles (you'll cross a little bridge) and its on the left. If you know where Bethel Trails are then you just keep going down Bethel Road until you hit Hwy 15. Then go north till you hit Vestry Rd.

Old 05-29-2003, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer

So who is going here this weekend?

Old 05-30-2003, 08:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

a couple of nice sandbars to chill on and do some swimming
This is great! Can you ride on any of the sand bars? Sounds like a good place for a weekend trip with my wife. If you can ride on the sand bars I will be comming VERY soon, as well as a few more with me I am sure.

According to what opelGTman said it sounds as if this place is really trying to acomiadte all people/types of riders.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I'll be in Wiggins this weekend, but camping and fishing at Flynt Creek.
We were there a couple months back. I love that place! Have fun.

Quick Reply: New Place to Ride in Mississippi