Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Mississippi Ride/Camp Trip.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mississippi Ride/Camp Trip.

Hello everyone,

We had an awsome time. The second go 'round was close to the first with a bit more mud slinging and lots more water splashing. Only bad thing is we had a few mishaps when our quads decided that the thick mud in our radiatiors was too much. Little overheating on the big Kaws but not a big problem. Oh well just part of the fun. Anyway, our crew enjoyed it, and was really glad that you guys were able to come. Maybe next time we can go somewhere new. Gotta check out that Red Creek soon. Glad to hear that Austin had a good time, boy he did really well on that little honda, especially for that trail. We'll get together again soon I hope and do it again. I will try to get the pictures posted as soon as I'm able to get the things developed, but I'm gonna post some new ones tonight I hope. Gotta get that digital camera!!!! Later everyone.

Old 06-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

I had a ball and got a little muddier than I intended to get, but that was ok......only got stuck once (it wasn't my fault, of course). Andy, Keith has almost 10 hours on it. He's being more disciplined than I was. I think he just needs to run a few laps around his yard and he'll have his 10 hours and can then service it and open it up. That was my first trip there and was what I expected, a lot of fun. I did get real saddle sore at the end and rode standing up. Too many roots out there. I noticed that Rodney wasn't afraid to try his out any! It's amazing how much mud those Outlaws can sling. And I need to try out a rainsuit like you used. I may try a camping trip on one of these rides. The horseflies were a bit much, but I was in Walmart today looking at those screen rooms. They have one that is 14' x 12' and I'll buy one this weekend. Rodney, I hope you got the radiator cleaned off. I did notice a car wash in Richton on my way home. I only wish there were more terrace rows to jump. I did have a fun time on those at the beginning. Carl, I'm real sorry I got all of your pull straps all muddy.

Old 06-09-2003, 12:34 AM
Range Rover

It would be great to have you guys along for a campout. We usually have fun even after the riding. I end up cooking most of the night, but oh well at least we eat good, but you guys can already tell that by looking at me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Anyway, I have a question for everyone. William and Beatrice, (on the Kodiak) found a tow rope on the trail and we were wondering if any of you guys lost one. I know that DeerHawk had one similar to it but I'm not sure because I think he found it on the second go 'round. Anyway if any of you guys lost one let me know and we'll get it back to you at the next ride. Hey! Sounds like a good reason to get together and ride. Oh yea Rebel I found a car wash in Laurel but we drove all the way to the other side of town on 16th Ave, and had to deal with a bunch a spear tossers listening to crap music and waxing their new cars that we are all paying for. (I'd better shut up now) Anyway, the radiator was really cloged up and I tried to be really careful not to bend any fins on the radiator. This week I'm breaking my bike down for a good cleaning and servicing. I'm gonna take all the plastic off and wash every inch of the thing, change all oils and clean every moving part. Maybe next time you see it, the thing will look like a new one. I got some info on a new trail at Beinville National Forrest near Jackson, a guy that I met over the internet is going to ride them this weekend and give me some info. We will be out of town for Fathers Day and won't be able to make it. I'll post some info on our site as soon as possiable. Later guys.

Old 06-09-2003, 04:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds like I missed a good ride.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Next time though.

For a car wash head straight up hwy 15 when you come to the stop sign hang to the left and go under the tracks, go straight at the red light and the car wash is on the left. Its pretty crowded like you said, but its only a quarter and seems to last longer. And ALOT closer than the one you went to, by an oil change place right?

Old 06-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Rodney had a great time it was nice to meet you guys.I am ready to go again whenever. Andy I Wish I would have had a driver I would have have been asleep when the door shut on the truck Iwas a whipped puppy. I sure get a kick out of watching the little dude (Austin) riding that Honda. Didn't get any pine trees they were to big you know I like to pick on the little ones did get stuck a couple of times never a dull moment. The tow rope was my friend Rays Aka The Mud King Iwill get it next time. Let me see I lost my gloves and tow rope Iwonder if my butt wasn't attached if Iwould have lost it.
Had a great time hope to do it again soon.
Later Smitty

Old 06-09-2003, 12:04 PM
Range Rover

Ward man it was a blast and we missed ya but like ya said there is always next time. I'm ready to see that Raptor in action. I hear lots of amazing things about it from the other guys, must be a bad toy.
Ok Smitty I'll be sure to bring it on our next get together so we get it returned, tell Ray we enjoyed and tell him to keep his wheels on the ground and try not to fly over any mud holes. Glad that dude from the other group was honest about your gloves. Its a pain to loose something on the trails, and even worst to have to go buy something again that you just bought a little while back while some other dude is making good use of your equipment. Later guys.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2003, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

Rodney, I sent you a couple of e-mails about how to solve the overheating problems, but I sent it from a different address. I was going to make sure you got them.