Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

La. Dunes Riders.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 07:24 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default La. Dunes Riders.

OK, it is official, I can go next week =) i will be there thurs,fri and sat so if any members are there come say hello. oh yeah what are the streamers made out of that you keep talking about shaunon? I just hope my tires come in beforei have to leave cause the holeshots won't be worth a darn in the sand(unless it rains a lot) then i might have a chance. i hope some of you can make it there.safe riding.

Old 06-14-2003, 01:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry everyone my chain never showed. But will will figure a date for everyone to meet up. 4th of July weekend is the next time I hit the dunes. Anyone going on that weekend.

Old 06-14-2003, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Man we getting some rain down here today , Had a few hrs of work sky starts looking good load up ..........Unload unload the rain starts screwd again ... July 4 ......... hmmmmm next weekend i gotta at least go 1 day Please no rain Sat !!!!!!!

Old 06-15-2003, 02:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

A few of my friends from Lake Charles decided not to go. It was raining pretty hard here and the rain was headed towards the dunes. Next weekend is out due to a family get together. So 4th of July weekend is the next trip to the dunes.

Old 06-16-2003, 03:07 AM
Range Rover

Hey everybody... Went this weekend, had a pretty good crowd.. the sand actually started out a little smoother than usual because it had rained so much.. Friday night the creek was "almost" unpassable for the bikes with the airboxes chopped up... one dude on a blaster sat there in the middle of it and kicked for an hour. Good racing saturday.. that sand is ALOT faster wet... I started losing once it dried a little.... I need some extreme haulers BAD.. the prowedge/4 snows aint cutting it on my bike..
It actually felt great during the day.. nice and cool if you didnt mind getting drizzled on.... we only had 2 short (2 minute or less) downpours...

I have been going to the dunes since Barney started running the place, and Libby was little bitty riding a ETon 50..

I got hurt there a while back and havent been for say a year.. Barney used to be pretty cool.
We got in (after getting off work in B.R., loading up and gassing up) at about 1045pm Friday night.
Some 14 year old girl with a sh1tty attitude met us at the gate and said she was deciding if she was gonna let us in, and then charged us for FRI, Sat and Sunday, even though I told her we had to leave Sat. afternoon because of Fathers Day sunday.. She spun around,, woke Barney up and he came out and backed her up..

He never charged us for Fridays when we came in late Friday nights in the past.. we would drive in after work, sleep over, ride saturday and sunday, and he always charged us 25$.
Now he wants 35 for the 3 days...

Maybe a bunch of stuff happened that Im not aware of...

Just the whole attitude of the place seems to have changed.. got the guy on the grizzly that they pay in hamburgers and the little b1tch at the gate.. Barney looks like he may be on pain meds something..

Maybe I caught em on a bad day or something, but it stung for me and my 2 kids to have to pay 25 each plus 15 to camp for just sleeping over Friday night and riding till 4 pm Saturday..

I wish I had the $$ to buy him out... Could be so much better.. have the fat *** on the Grizzly sit in that Kubota ALL DAY grading sand. Would be nice riding out there again.

P.S. Anybody seen J.J. lately? I have something I need to return to him.

Oh, yeah, He said he is about to go to 50 bucks for the weekend.. just for you and your bike.. not including RV hookups...
I guess we all need to start looking for options here...

Old 06-16-2003, 03:12 AM
Range Rover

Only on Thompson Creek, and you have to know a landowner and they have to be with you..
A little bit on the Comite river up in Central , but same deal..
We need to find a place over here.. they have a HUGE closed sand pit up in Baywood.. be nice if that was opened up, even for a fee..

Old 06-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

Man that sucks bad ......It is not worth 50 bucks for a weekend...I don't think we should have to pay his drug habit.....I hope he does go to fifty b/c I promise you he will loose that lease...Alot of the buiss. he gets is kids from around here there parents are not gonna pay that....What we need to do is find out who the owner is and call him to let him know that when Barney looses the place that we want it. By the way I callled Barney twice last week and he has not returned my call yet!

Old 06-16-2003, 12:16 PM
CED
Pro Rider

badittude you talking about JJ with 250R.I see him every time i go.Yeah the old dinosaur is losing his mind to charge that much,but what everybody needs to do is get together and not go for a couple weeks and then call him and tell him why.Kinda like holding him hostage at his own place.i'm definitely not going for anymore than $15 a day.

Old 06-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Trailblazer

i think Barney has lost his mind charing 50 a weekend. when is this supposed to happen?

Old 06-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

I think you are right I am suppose to be there the 28th but that will be the last trip for me I mean when we go there is usually about four of us....For 200 dollars we could just go to Ok....What the HE!! is wrong with that man.....Msut be smoking crack if he thinks that will last.

Quick Reply: La. Dunes Riders.