Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NORTHWEST RIDERS, June 21 ride, who can make it???

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003 | 08:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default NORTHWEST RIDERS, June 21 ride, who can make it???

Bing,
I noticed that you have a link called 'my page' and when i click it, it sends me to your pics. Im wondering how to get that on my end. If anybody has yahoo messanger and we are all online at the same time or some of us are. we can talk live. My yahoo ID is doubl_nutz (slang pinochle term)

Old 06-07-2003 | 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Bing, I'm a friend of NWcutie and we're talking (currently) about Sunday the 15th at Rock Candy, In Capitol Forest. (west of OLY) Now I'm new to this and just Purchased my Blaster last month, so I don't really know how to describe anything, other than "it's all GREAT to me!"
We did meet Nickli in Moses Lake last weekend! (5/31) and that was a kick! Maybe Nickli could give you a better description of Capitol Forest, and NWCutie will update you on Winchester. As far as next weeked (Sun?), we're just looking to do a day trip close to the Tacoma area, so if any one is going somewhere else close, we might be game! (and We'll have the kids)

Nickli, What about It??!!

Old 06-07-2003 | 10:57 PM
|
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

I believe we will make it Sunday the 15th. I would like to try Rock Candy. Julie and I.
Can you MAPQUEST me some directions. I will PM you soon with a phone #. Sounds like fun.
we have a 12" trailer, truck/camper combo.

Old 06-07-2003 | 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

ROCK CANDY MOUNTAIN, in Capitol Forest. This is the address I found so you can "Mapquest " it.

[11166-11219] Rock Candy Mountain Rd Sw
Olympia, WA
98512 US

Fom I-5 in Olympia, West on US-101 (toward the Ocean) take WA-8 , 5.54 miles past the Shelton cutoff. You'll see a state highway sign that says "Rock Candy Mountain", Take a left (across divided hwy) and follow the dirt road (not very far)

Old 06-08-2003 | 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

From Tacoma, the Rock Candy Mountain staging area of Capitol Forest is only 1 - 1.5 hours away. You just take I-5 S to 101 to 12 (or 8) toward Aberdeen. Turn left across the highway when ya see Rock Candy Mountain Road. We'll be in a beat brown 77 Chevy Pick Up. We all have ears and funny stuff on our helmets when we are riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

For July, we are staying at Discovery Point in Winchester Bay, OR. It is a great place for direct dune access. I am taking an 11-year old, 4 year old, plus my mom and step dad. I promised my mom that I would teach her how to ride and she is game![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] This is the week before Dunefest when it gets a little crazy for small fry.

Other riders, who would like to go riding? We heard some people talking about July 4th. If you have room in your campsite for another tent and rig on Saturday and Sunday, we'd love to hear from you!

So, Bing, will we see you on Sunday?

Old 06-08-2003 | 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

If all of you are going to Rock Candy on Sunday the 15th, that one I may have to pass on. We prefer Saturdays to Sundays. But hey, we can be flexable too. If you are going to do Rock Candy, I suggest a take along lunch if ya want to make the climb up to Capital Peak. Hey Bing, when you tell me how to get to where I can post pics, Ill post some of the Rock Candy Trip

Old 06-08-2003 | 03:20 AM
|
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

To post pics, click the 'Gallery' Button. You can then add pics to your gallery page. Its really been so long since I put mine there. I think that is how. Maybe 'my page' button.

Old 06-09-2003 | 03:56 AM
Pro Rider

Nickli,
Marci and I hope you & your wife can be flexible! it would be great if we could all meet at Rock Candy on Sunday the 15th

You too BING !

and any one else!

Nickli, you have me on IM on Yahoo, you can always send me a note! (billking62)

and Bing, the concert I'm going to the 21st is ENDFEST, at the Gorge (that's why I can't ride that weekend)

Old 06-09-2003 | 04:17 AM
Pro Rider

Hey all,
I talked mama into it. We will be at Rock Candy on the 15th. We will get there by 10AM and will have to head back my about 4-5PM. Bring either a sack lunch or whatever. Lets talk about it a bit on here during this week. Bing, You and your wife, come along. And if we can get a few more, That would be great.

Old 06-09-2003 | 04:35 AM
Pro Rider

Bing, wouldnt you know it. I got to the Gallery to add some pics and darn near everything I have is too large of file or too much resolution. SO, I guess Ill have to take more grainy pics when out riding

Quick Reply: NORTHWEST RIDERS, June 21 ride, who can make it???