Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

4wheelin' Chic in Indiana lookin' for places to ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wheelin' Chic in Indiana lookin' for places to ride

Hey Diablo ,

Thanks for the information. I need to also make some other 4wheeling friends because the friends I have right now don't have 4wheelers and I've been tryin' to talk them into getting them also 'cuz it seems as though when the boyfriend and I want to go out 4wheeling somewhere else other then our friend's backyard , no one seems to want to go and the boyfriend said we need to make friends with 4wheelers so we can make plans and goto some good 4wheelin' grounds. If you want , you can IM me on AIM it's BudwyzerChic21 or private message me for my MSN and yahoo instant. Maybe we could become better friends and go out 4wheelin' together. Boyfriend and I don't age discriminate , we're just lookin' for some new friends ....

Thanks also for the information !

Old 06-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

Budwyzerchic21,

I feel you guys pain, It seems whenever I want to go wheelin all my buddies plans end up conflicting! I'm always up for some new riding buddies, no matter the age, I'm also 24 yrs old. Lets set something up, let me know what works for you guys, maybe next weekend? I'll have to make sure that theres nothing going on. I can sometimes go during the week, usually Fridays. If somehow, we could go during the week, it would be better because they're not as busy and its better for beginners, more elbow room. Even when busy, though, its still a blast.

Chet, you're welcome to come up as well, just no nuthuggin!JK! Let me know if you come up this way.

Old 06-15-2003, 10:36 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Diablo,

I need to come up there sometime but we have are own private area and then if I feel the need to leave our place I can ride the back roads on our quads to the below which I copied and pasted off the DNR site and then there is other areas that I just don't tell anyone about since I don't want it ruined for myself and my family. The no tresspassing signs are every where now and just 5 years ago this was not the case.

read below and this was found on the DNR site from last fall:

ORV, bike and horse traffic temporarily banned at Interlake Nov 8, 2002

Hunting season safety concerns drive management practice

The Interlake recreation area near Lynnville managed by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources will be closed to horses, off-road vehicles and bicycles (including mountain bikes and motorized bikes) during hunting seasons from Nov. 16 to Jan. 31.

John Davis, a DNR deputy director, made the decision based on the recommendation of conservation officers and property managers in the Law Enforcement, Fish and Wildlife and Outdoor Recreation divisions.

The 3,000-acre property in Warrick and Pike counties is a multiple-use facility that allows for hunting, fishing, off-road vehicle and horse use.

The DNR has worked with user groups for several years to develop a comprehensive management plan, but lacks trail maps, marked boundaries and safety zones, said Davis.

"Use has increased dramatically each year and the potential for conflicts has increased, too. This leads to safety issues for hunters and trail users," Davis said. "This temporary ban will enhance safety. Usually things run smoothly at this hybrid facility, but hunting and uncontrolled trail use create public safety concerns," Davis said.

Conservation officers will enforce applicable hunting laws and DNR property regulations. To report safety issues and violations, call conservation officers at their District 7 Law Enforcement office—812-789-9538, or county sheriff offices.

Davis said property users and media can contact him with concerns and questions at 317-232-4020, or by e-mail at jdavis@dnr.state.in.us.

Old 06-16-2003, 01:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well Chet and Diablo ,

Looks like all of us need to make a weekend of camping and 4wheeling. 'Cuz I ain't gonna drive 2 or 3 hours just to ride for a lil bit and turn around to go home. Just wouldn't be worth the time or money. We'll have to see what the cash flow is looking like and all of that good stuff before I can actually set a date and time. We might even be able pull to off gettin' a couple others from around this way to go also. Who knows? I don't want to get my hopes up just yet until I find out the finacial side of things because I may soon be takin' off for 3 weeks for CDL training , which also bites 'cuz I won't know what's goin' on with that either until tomorrow when I go talk to some people about the CDL situations and all. Anyways , I know Chet already has me on his buddy list and workin' on gettin' you on it also as soon as you figure them out and then maybe we can try to plan somethin' out.

Well , I better quit typin' a big long letter. I'll wait for y'all to respond on this idea and all that good stuff. Talk to you two later.

Old 06-16-2003, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

BudwyzerChic21-

sounds good to me, whenever you're ready to come down, get a hold of me. I'll try to figure out the whole instant messenger deal. Good luck on your CDL training, I have my permit, and will someday get my CDL. I've taken the driving test once, but didn't even get to drive because I failed the pre-trip inspection! The bastard tester screwed me pretty bad, come to find out I'm not the only one he's robbed! Anyway, just make sure you know your pre-trip specifics, very important! Let me know whats up.

Old 06-16-2003, 02:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Diablo , I am on here right now if you want to try to IM me on any of them things. Just let me know if you're usin' AOL and your screen name if you are. IF not then look at the private message I sent and it'll tell ya where to get 'em at.

Old 06-17-2003, 03:52 PM
Trailblazer

Im from north central IN also. We get together quite a bit in the summer and quad/camp/party. I have a place in the Kokomo are with a few other places to ride. Planning a trip to Silver Lake 27,28,29 of June and we also go to the Badlands a few times a year. If interested I'll let ya'll know wehn we get together and Ya'll ca join us. It usually ends up being a pretty good time.

Old 06-17-2003, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey there Fitoo! ,

Sounds like a plan to me. If you don't mind , Diablo is a pretty good guy also. Maybe we all can make some plans to meet up or what not. The boyfriend and I have also been talking about looking into buyin' some land up here also , not many places to ride here in Morocco except in my friend's backyard which has gotten to be boring. I need some more room to be able to top my 4wheeler out and attempt new stunts , even though I attempted to drive up a steep sand pile and almost rolled over .. hahaha... Oh well , the adrenaline rush was there big time! .. hehe... Well , if you got AOL instant add BudwyzerChic21 to it and gimme a hollar ! Talk atcha later.

Suzanne & Scott

Old 06-18-2003, 11:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey y'all ,

Ain't no one else respondin' ??.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] C'mon , need some more ridin' friends around here !! Maybe find someone with a lil bit of land who would allow like a small get together or somethin' .... Just an Idea ! ! !

Old 06-18-2003, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

I did reply! Jeez what more do you want. LOL!

Quick Reply: 4wheelin' Chic in Indiana lookin' for places to ride