Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Northern IL, and souther WI riders ??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern IL, and souther WI riders ??????

hmm ya i went to the mega jam 2 years ago (its first year i beleive)

and it was pretty cool

this time its at FVOR right? (i STILL havnt ridden there yet..but all my buddies have)

what date is it? i might show up to watch, and maybe enter the DS

but it woudl prolly get smoked, seeing as how the last time i was there, i saw a quadzilla running on alocohol....lol

Old 07-22-2003, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

Im waiting for Wardy, the owner of FVOR to send me an email with the info on the megajam. I believe it is on Aug 3rd. They should be running a hairscramble, mud bogs, and the grass drags. As far as entering the DS goes. I would definately do it. Anyone can bolt on thousands of dollars to a stock quad to make it fast, BUT the DS is plenty fast right out of the box. You would definately be in seperate classes from the highly modded guys though. I will be entering my DS in the race, but i dont know if my tires are up for the challange.

DStroyer

Old 07-22-2003, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Hey brat,

FVOR is a great place for an afternoon, especially with the kids. They have a large motocross track and plenty of hills to climb. They also have a small kids track with a few little jumps, but the kids love it and its easy to stand and watch them. I did hear from Wardy the owner and the event is on August 3rd. They will have kids classes for drag racing along with mud bogs, dirt drags and a hairscamble for the big kids like myself. Im going to put a link in here for FVOR where you can check out everything. Im not sure if this forum allows posting of links, but I will try it anyway. If I offend anyone by doing so, you have my apologies ahead of time, because Im not sure of the rules in here.
www.foxvalleyoffroad.com

DStroyer

Old 07-22-2003, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

hmm the third? count me in....

ill be the big guy (im only 17...but 6'2 and 225) on the new shiny 03 baja [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

ill see how break in goes, and decide from there if i want to ride

do you know if you can ride during the megajam? (on the trails?)

i saw you mentioned the hairscrambles, and am assuming that would be on the trails

ill have to ask ward

Old 07-22-2003, 05:55 PM
Range Rover

Ya Know I was thinking (oh no, you better look out now). If I leave Orlando on Sat the 2nd before noon and it only takes my 18 hours to get home, I could make the Jamboree! I would even be able to get some sleep...

Old 07-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Roost,

You wont be able to ride at all on race day. But the day before you could check it out if your only an hour from there. I will definately be there with my son and wife. Also a friend of mine is bringing his raptor with some great mods done to it. I will be the guy on the yellow DS. It isnt so shinny anymore, but it goes pretty good.
RWR cdi, Alba porting, web .395 lift cams, 60% rwr springs, tm45 carb, ported intake manifold, dual titanium valve springs, alba race pipe, direct mount K&n filter and 11.5:1 piston. Im working on a set of single piece s.s oversized valves for it and also working on completing the porting job. Possible a titanium connecting rod with a ported piston. Im completely hooooked on this thing.
I will see you all there, just stop by and we will share war stories.

DStroyer

Old 07-22-2003, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Guys, It's nice to see some guys in this part of the country on the board. Think I'm going [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] This is the first time for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Can't wait to pop my cherry[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Do you think I shoud get nerfbars for the hair scrambler?

Old 07-22-2003, 10:51 PM
Range Rover

Wow no riding... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I may end up going somewhere else. I need to get this bad bpy broken in and watching races just wont get it done. If you guys go have fun and let me know how it is. I think I may go over to Cheese to check it out...

Old 07-23-2003, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

theres a riding park in Oregon ill over by Whitepines state park . sounds like theres a big park down around ottawa. Around here we just ride private land.

Old 07-23-2003, 11:56 PM
Range Rover

I just looked up the park out in Oregon here is the URL: http://www.kitracksatv.com/
It's only 35 acers but hey it's close to home.... MMMMMMMMMMUD pit!

Quick Reply: Northern IL, and souther WI riders ??????