Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Northern IL, and souther WI riders ??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern IL, and souther WI riders ??????

Fox Vally is a fun place to ride. I am going back soon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2003, 01:29 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 87RaceRider
rhinhd,
I just checked out your pics..bring that bad boy up north and you can carry my beer and pull me out of the deep stuff........those 4x4's do come in usefull!!
You buy the beer and I will haul it! Now as far as pulling you out I will do that out of the kindness of my heart! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hey Folks I am back from vacation! Had a great time in FL and now that I am back I am planning to go up to Black River Falls WI on the weekend of the 23nd. I hooked up with some local riders and it turns out there is 8 of us going so far. We are going to ride all day and camp over night. I will let you know the plans as I get them...

Old 08-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: dcode
Hey guys, from Crystal Lake, IL here. I'm looking to get my first ATV soon. Looking at a deal on a 400EX which I hope to have soon. I'm used to motocross bikes, but that's not good when I got friends that don't know how to ride. The place in Woodstock is decent to ride, and I've ridden at Bong a couple times (boring but good to teach newbies to ride motorcycles).

I'm intersted in checking out Badlands too or any other suggestions. Just let me know when there's riding, and I'll try and be there.
Hey dcode.
I am in LITH and we should hook up when you get your ride. Do yourself a favor and call the guys at Northwest Honda (in Crystal Lake). They will meet or beat the price you get at Woodstock... Now where is this place in Woodstock? I wan't to check it out...

Old 08-04-2003, 02:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

The place is right off Route 14, if your headed West, it'll be on your right hand side. Can't remember the name of the road (I think it's Lily Pond Road), but same road as entrance of Automatic Liquid Packaging is on. Then another right, there is the dirt road entrance to Patriot Paintball. Right after you turn in the entrance of Patriot, there is a side road left you take (if you kept going straight you end up in Patriot Paintball's parking log, turn around). Just make sure when you go back there, you don't end up on their paintball fields and they will leave you alone. Just keep in mind where it is.

But yes, we'll have to hook up as soon as I get my ATV. I was thinking of checking out CL Honda and see what they got, thanks.

Old 08-05-2003, 01:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I did what rhinhd suggested and went to Crystal Lake Northwest Honda and picked up a 2004 Sportrax 400EX. It is sweet, can't wait to try it.

Originally I was going to try for something used and had a contact in Chicago area for a 2003 Honda 400EX for $2500 like new. I got one email from him saying it was in like new condition to contact him if I wanted to see it. I emailed him, but he wouldn't return my emails, so he lost out. I was a little skeptic when the phone number he has posted in his ad was not a real number.

Oh well, I'm happy so now we have to get together and ride. I'm planning on taking some buddies with me to Fox Valley in Ottowa this weekend, so let me know if I should keep my eye out for anyone on this board.

Old 08-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Range Rover

Congrates on the new Quad!
Hey did you buy it from george? He is a good guy I should of given you my name. You never know, I could get a deal on some parts... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Range Rover

Congrats!!!!!
And welcome to a new universe!

Old 08-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Range Rover

O.k...first off, we still can't find that damn quarry..it is suppose to be off of 14 in Woodstock. We did come across the place that is next to the piantball place that someone had mentioned on the forum. Forget it...we pull in, the place looks awesome, trails everywhere. Within a few minutes of parking a red pickup pulls in behind us and in an a**hole manner, informs us that we are on private land, our plates have been taken down...don't come back. We apologized and of course, split. Too bad, the place would have been incredible.

The search continues.....

Old 08-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

The place on Rt14 I was talking about is the place next to the paintball place. I don't know of any others. But that's too bad, I was there on Saturday evening and there were about 5 other quads there too. Then we were leaving, and other people were showing up with their trucks to four-wheel. My neighbor said that was him and his friends and they were there until about 4am. Sorry about your experience.

USMCQuader posted a similar experience on the 'Anywhere Near Chicago I can ride' thread, but he mentions algonquin and a paintball field. But it sounds like you guys found the spot if it was near the paintball field.

Old 08-11-2003, 10:43 AM
Range Rover

No biggy...I respect the man's place. As my husband said...if it would have been his land, he would have been out there with his shotgun ...hahahaha. Hey, are you familiar with any quarry's out by you? It is suppose to be off of 14 somewhere down from 120. We looked, but found nothing.

How is Fox Valley? Good for an all day ride? We are debating on whether to go up there or not.

Later,
L

Quick Reply: Northern IL, and souther WI riders ??????