Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Fresno California - People/Places

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fresno California - People/Places

Tell her to buy her own !@#$ing quad and ride with us. LOL
what is going on with the house? Are your parents getting the one down the road from me?
anyway come up early and have breakfast.

Old 08-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

SO far the house is looking good.. we should be closing in the middle of SEPT..

Old 08-11-2003, 04:05 AM
Trailblazer

Wow lot of activity in two days whole lot of posts in this thread..
one of you mentioned a site/riding group that is already established in the area post the URL if you dont mind I would rather go with something with a bit of history/experience in this anyhoo. No point starting from stratch if someone has alread done the work...

Humm ya missed all those other posts entirely... Apparently I didnt browse/search these pages too well.

If i could then pester you all for the contact info on these local ridding groups, someone mentioned a group on yahoo or something??? Drop me a line on this thread, im off on Tues and Thursday this week (mid week sucks I know) but would love to go on a day ride while my wife was at work.

Oh ya pismo was sweet, kinda crowded (a growing trend) but the new bike handled like a champ only problem was a slightly sticky throttle. By the way a sticky throttle on a bike that has had the TORS system disabled isn't too fun to get caught unawares on, especially when you didnt know the TORS was disabled ;(

Old 08-11-2003, 04:15 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: BUDXXX
MOntibank- This weekend Friday and Saturday the boy and I are riding at Hollister Hills OHVA, 6 miles south of Hollister.]

Your welcome to meet up with us, if you like, and we'll ride.

It's a two hour drive for us, and probably less for you.
Hollister sounds nice... Thinking about planning a trip there but might drive up there first before I start planning. My bike isnt exactly engineered for trails, its either wide open or idling, 2 wheel drive 2 stroke. What is this park like? Would I find myself dodging trees and beating the crap out of myself with low lying limbs?

Old 08-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

After we finished all the stuff we had to do Sunday we went for a ride (6Pm) We were mapping out the Main roads with our NEW GPS and coming back from HWY 41 on 6S15X to 6S15 near Kamook staging area Ann stopped me and tells me to look at her Quad.

I look and she is cursing her bike and kicking the back tire, its Flat and a stick is sticking out about and inch. I pulled a 6" long x 1" stick out of the tire. We where about 6 miles from home but we ended up driving back home with the flat. Ann drove part way but on one of the steeper roads she could not handle it with a flat so I drove the Z250 the rest of the way home. We got home around 8pm. Guess what now she likes my Z400 better because it is a softer ride but she doesn’t like the clutch.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:45 AM
Pro Rider

i got up there at about 1:45 and I left there at 5......I was at the other staging area... BTW stay off of the stagecoach trails... lol It was one of teh skinniest, steepest, most rutted trails out there.... Lol i really do need a partner to ride with...Also got me wishing i had a winch, so i wouldnt have to ride some of the uphills...

Old 08-12-2003, 05:46 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

It was I who mentioned the Yahoo Group. I didn't post it on here as I'm not sure how the Powers That Be feel about such things. I guess it's ok as the only thing we do is arrange rides on there. It's a pretty low volume group. Sometimes it can go a few weeks without posts, then they can take off when arranging a ride. We try to keep it to only riding. I am on another riding group on Yahoo and all kinds of drama can break out.

Central Valley OHV Riders You'll need a Yahoo account, etc.

As I said before, I love Hollister. I think a Banshee would do just fine there. I've seen them up there. You see more motorcycles up there than quads. I think as long as you don't drop the hammer constantly you won't have any problems. The trails are well marked. Good condition (a little bumpy in the summer time.) I only ride green and blue trails and I've only found one section of one trail to be more then I like. Down hill, bumpy, with a hard left at the bottom. I end up locking the back end up all the time coming down it (you come at it from a straight, then a right turn and then it's the downhill. But it is fun.

I didn't think Banshees would do trails well until I rode with someone on one at Hungry Valley. He had bald stock nobbies on the back and I was always falling behind.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-13-2003, 01:55 PM
Trailblazer

Right on thanks for the link... Signed up, hope fully see some rides! Oh! I got a digital camera (loaner) so maybe I can get some shots of my bike and my ancient ride gear!