Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Fresno California - People/Places

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fresno California - People/Places

Just bought a yamaha banshee looking for places/people to ride with. I know about Pismo been there a few times great place to ride a bit far out of the way I was hopping for something a bit closer. I am off durning the week (usually tues-thursday) and the dunes are most popular for the weekends. Anyone up for a weekday ride drop me a line. I can personally barely stay on my bike in the dunes, all welcome any skill levels. Although I might race for the fun of it im not out to race, more or less out for the practice. Need buddies to ride with I dont feel safe ridding by myself. Email me or call 438-0554 leave a message for mike. Adults only please (unless you have an adult comming with you of course) too much liability hauling kids about, its a sue happy world and I can't be held responsable for your misfortune if you want to bust your legs being a little too agressive when ridding.

If I get enough responses to this I might start a local ridding group, I have people in my family that ride also, but our scheduels conflict so I can't get out ridding with them as much as I would like.

Actually now that I think about it a bit, I think I will start a local group, email me if you live in Fresno and would be interested in an organized ridding group... I'll get an external web page up and post a link to it here, email me for now with the times you intend to ride and where and I'll post them there. Include information about times/dates party size (those that are comming with you) and contact information. (When giving out your contact information be advised that if you give me your phone number I will be posting it to the interenet so if you don't want random people calling you please make it abundantly clear that you do not want it posted on the web page). I have a lot of spare time on my hands for the next couple of weeks so I'll get a page up and a calander of events, nothing too fancy just functional. Keep this thread alive if you want this to work.

Old 08-07-2003, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Itd be awsome to have a really active local group.. That rides localy... And frequently... Im always ready to go riding...... Im 18 so im not really a kid lol.....

Old 08-07-2003, 03:25 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry about the age thing... I know that can seem a bit insulting but if you get hurt and your a minor the "responsable adult" would more then likely end up being me. Working on a web page to organize things a bit and whip up a bit of interest. Its ugly I know but you can take a look at it here . Suggestions for design are welcome but really the important part isn't the web page is it?

Just rode my yzf350 for the first time tuesday and just about ripped my head off. I can imagine that it looked rather daring with me holding on for dear life with one hand going about 50 MPH through some rough dirt paths but I just about pissed my pants doing it. Bike rocks only paid $2200 for it (1987) and its near frigging mint condition. Don't pay a forture for a decent bike, shop around and get what you want for a better price!

Updates:
*** Web Page up and running! - Stop in and take a look about, there will be a number of changes to it im sure over the first few weeks but the calender works and I'll be adding events as they come up. Please check out the help wanted section - alto I'm doing the HTML its going to be a team effort on this page. If the feedback I get is weak then so will be the group/ridding experiences.
***If you have a shot of you in action and you want to see it up on the web page email it to me with a short description and I'll put it up as soon as I get it. Space is limited so please email the pictures in jpg format and be advised I might edit them to save space.

Old 08-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Itd be awsome to have a really active local group.. That rides localy... And frequently... Im always ready to go riding...... Im 18 so im not really a kid lol.....
Most importantly where do you ride... I am not from the Fresno area (er well not really), I know a few places to ride but none in fresno, I hope to organize events where we can travel outside of fresno, to pismo for example, but I am interested in finding a few places to ride close by also. My bike is currently stored in lemoore (about 40 min south of fresno) but if some good rides are going on here I dont mind carting it up this direction for a ride. Visit the web page, I am trying to set up a post board now but dont think that i can (we will see) if not I'll start a thread some where and post a link to it in this one somewhere when i figure something out. For now drop me a line and tell me where you ride now, and if its privately owned land/legal to ride there.

Old 08-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

MOntibank- This weekend Friday and Saturday the boy and I are riding at Hollister Hills OHVA, 6 miles south of Hollister.]

Your welcome to meet up with us, if you like, and we'll ride.

It's a two hour drive for us, and probably less for you.

Old 08-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: montibank
Originally posted by: powerstroke01Itd be awsome to have a really active local group.. That rides localy... And frequently... Im always ready to go riding...... Im 18 so im not really a kid lol.....
Most importantly where do you ride... I am not from the Fresno area (er well not really), I know a few places to ride but none in fresno, I hope to organize events where we can travel outside of fresno, to pismo for example, but I am interested in finding a few places to ride close by also. My bike is currently stored in lemoore (about 40 min south of fresno) but if some good rides are going on here I dont mind carting it up this direction for a ride. Visit the web page, I am trying to set up a post board now but dont think that i can (we will see) if not I'll start a thread some where and post a link to it in this one somewhere when i figure something out. For now drop me a line and tell me where you ride now, and if its privately owned land/legal to ride there.
I dont know of anyplace IN Fresno but i do know of some places about an hour and a half outside of Fresno.... THeres a few trails in the Shaver area, and a trail system 6 miles outside of Oakhurst on 41...

Old 08-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: BUDXXX
MOntibank- This weekend Friday and Saturday the boy and I are riding at Hollister Hills OHVA, 6 miles south of Hollister.]

Your welcome to meet up with us, if you like, and we'll ride.

It's a two hour drive for us, and probably less for you.
right on thanks for the offer... I am going out of town this weekend (actually house sitting in san luis) so im going to be ridding at the pismo dunes with my wife and some freinds. Would you like me to post some ride info on the main page? If so reply here give a time and contact info and if other people from our area are interested in comming they can find how and where to meet you.

BTW where is Hollister Hills? I have heard of this place (and some other place called Piedra) any ideas?

wait found hollister

Here

what about piedra any ideas (for future rides)?

Old 08-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: powerstroke01

I dont know of anyplace IN Fresno but i do know of some places about an hour and a half outside of Fresno.... THeres a few trails in the Shaver area, and a trail system 6 miles outside of Oakhurst on 41...
Finding that out... Hummm maybe I aught to just ask people to post dates that are open to all fresno area people and I can stick em on the web page (dont know if i need to if this thread works but might be cool for future events like a few weeks in advance)

Old 08-07-2003, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah Hollister is a great place. It's a state park, and cost 4 buck to ride and 2 bucks more to camp.

One way trails, nice set up.....

We'll be camping in our FunRunner trailer and we'll be all the way in the back farthestmost campground.

Check the pics on my photo page for pics of trailer and truck.

We ride at 0900 all day, with numerous trips back to camp for food and drink...

Any body that's shows up, I'll buy the first beer.

Old 08-08-2003, 12:58 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Nice to see some other local people.

If you have a Red Sticker Banshee (i.e. 2003+) then some of your riding places may be limited in the summer months. Pismo has the shortest red sticker closed season.

I definately suggest a trip to Hollister Hills if you like trail riding. The trails are well marked and in good condition (they degrade in the dummer and get bumpy in places, but not as bad as Hungry Valley (Gorman).) It's about 20 degrees cooler there than it is in Fresno so it's a nice summer getaway. Trails are one way as someone else noted so you don't have to worry about any head ons except at intersections. The very few 2 way sections are marked and are pretty wide. It's about a 2 hr drive from Fresno.

I have a riding group on another web site. There are probably about a dozen or so people who ride out of that group and another one.

As far as local riding spots, unless you know a landowner who's open to letting you ride, it's really tough. There are several trails up in the mountains that you can ride on.

The Trail System Powerstroke mentioned is Miami Trails. It's more 2 wheel oriented from what I've heard (width limit of 40"). Can be VERY rough. Haven't ridden there as of yet.

I have several sites bookmarked with riding areas at home. You can send me a PM or an email to patrick at pmmay dot sytes dot net and I'll send them to you. The US Forest Service has a list of trails on their web site as well.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Fresno California - People/Places