Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

where to ride in ohio

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2000, 12:15 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Jack...we ride at Perry county Forest (anyone else been there?). It is a good place to ride. Yeah...even for a beginner. You can stick to the bigger open areas and get a feel for the bike and then try the easier trails. The trails are clearly marked for you. Honda Hills in Thornville has a flat oval track. I have heard that Broken Spokes is cool....I don't understand the "Big Bike Track" only either. Last year you got your pick of tracks. Let me know what they say. I have wanted to go there too. Our friends have been there and they really liked it....
Good luck!!!!! What ATV will you be riding before you buy one? The one your buddy races?

Old 06-04-2000, 10:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the suggestion about the ATV course. I have found a number to call for a ATV RiderCourse. Once i purchase my ATV i will contact these people. It looks like exactly what i need.

Old 06-04-2000, 10:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Perry County forest sounds a little far for me to travel, but thanks for the suggestion. As far as what i will be riding. My buddy told me that his is a two-stroke quad (1989 Suzuki 250R) and that for me that a four-stroke would be better and that if he would train me on his he feels that it might be a bad experience for me. He has suggested to me to purchase a Honda 250X. Keep in mind that i am not very mechanical and am learning as much as i can from him both from him making modification or repairs to his and showing me things as time permits at the race track in Malvern, Ohio as time permits.

By the way i haven't heard from Broken Spokes as of this written--when i do i'll post their response here.

Jack Greenwalt
Massillon, Ohio

Old 06-06-2000, 09:28 PM
Trailblazer

When they talk about Wellsville, they are probably talking about Yellow Creek. It's near East Liverpool, Ohio. It's pretty cool out there and there's some rough stuff but you can avoid it if you want to. I think they are charging 5 bucks for a pass now. They never did before. As for Hillsville, I would be careful riding there. State boys were kicking people out saturday evening. (6/4) Hold tight and I'll let you know.